• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hurley (guinea pig) - Nov 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hurley piggie squeaked his last on Nov 15th. :0

He went downhill on Sun 14th, and Jack piggie spent all his time cuddled up next to his buddy; I think he knew he was ill. We'd already made the decision to have him PTS on Monday and I got up early to take him to the vet. He was still alive and looking much like he had the previous night. I got ready to go out and went to put him in the pet carrier less than an hour later... and he'd slipped away. Jack was still curled up next to him. :0

Hurley had been with us for 4.5 years of his 5 year life and had brought us joy and fun in three different countries. He outlived 4 girlfriends and lived in several different cage setups. But he just couldn't beat the dental disease that he tried so hard to fight right up until Sunday afternoon.

Thanks for being such a wonderful little piggie, Hurley-bum. We'll miss you so very much. :0

DSC00152.jpg

Hurley3.jpg

Hurley2.jpg

piggies1.jpg

I'm very sorry to hear about Hurley. What a lovely piggies he was and I know how much you will miss this special piggie. Sending hugs to you.. Sleep well little Hurley..

R.I.P Hurley, Popcorn and be free..

So sorry to hear about Hurley, he was a gorgeous guinea pig..
xx hugs.

Julia

I'm so sorry for your loss of your special boy.
RIP beautiful Hurley. Run free x

I am sorry for your loss Hurley was a stunning boy with a long, happy life. You must miss him so much!

I'm really glad you decided to post your tribute in here for Hurley 8...8...8...
RIP Hurley run free at the bridge little man, popcorn thru the meadows with new found friends and enjoy munching the dandelions and clover, no more toofie probs now little man, you'll be so sadly missed by your family but NEVER forgotten xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))) and lots of loves from us all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Another little star now twinkling in the sky ............ :(

Whee are hoping that little Jack is still doing ok :)

So sorry to hear about your brave little Hurley. We lost our Myrtle on Monday too so I know just how you're feeling. Lots of love and hugs x

I'm so sorry for the loss of lovely Hurley, it was nice he fell to sleep naturally rather than going to the vets though.
Goodbye and RIP little one. Lots of love and hugs xxxxxxx

Thank you everyone for your kind replies. It's been almost a week and we still feel a little numb. We take comfort in the fact that he had only recently gone downhill so he didn't feel bad for long, and that he passed in his favourite place with his best friend at his side.

Jack piggie was neutered on Friday and he's recovering very well (eating as soon as he woke up!). We're looking for a little rescue friend of either sex to go in with him as soon as he's recovered and infertile. Jack seems to be coping ok with Hurley's passing, he's slightly quieter than usual but he still popcorns a bit and squeaks loudly for his veggies and treats. The vet told us "whatever it is you're doing, keep doing it" because he's so healthy; apparently his fur is the shiniest she's seen in a long time, his teeth are perfect and he's the ideal weight. So that was really good to hear after the sadness at the start of last week.

Thanks again, guys.

I am so sorry for your loss, he was gorgeous.

Rest well, dear Hurley. xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back