• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hutch Help!

:yikes: How can anyone think that would be worth buying? It looks like it would fall apart as soon as you try to move it! It also looks a lot like one which was being sold with animals included a while back, though that might be my imagination.

I bought the Chartwell double hutch at the beginning of December, I haven't yet been able to put it together as the outbuilding for the piggies isn't ready yet, so I hope I don't have the same problems as you, @Piggylove82

I bought the Chartwell double hutch at the beginning of December, I haven't yet been able to put it together as the outbuilding for the piggies isn't ready yet, so I hope I don't have the same problems as you, @Piggylove82
I love my Chartwell double hutch. I'm so pleased I bought it. It was fairly easy to put together, mind you there were 3 of us!

:yikes: How can anyone think that would be worth buying? It looks like it would fall apart as soon as you try to move it! It also looks a lot like one which was being sold with animals included a while back, though that might be my imagination.

It looks like it's a bunny's current home, but it looks disgusting. Small, worn, so dirty 😔

Chartwell just didn't do it for me 😔. I've paid more for my Ryedale hutch but it's definitely money well spent.

i bought my hutches from scratch and newton and are now on there 7th year.View attachment 133605
Aww, that little black face looking out of the tunnel, as if to say 'excuse me, are you taking my photo?' 💕

I'm glad you're having a lot of years out of your hutch. Some of the panels I received for the Chartwell 6ft were not properly put together. Tongue and groove not slotted together properly. Replacements were just as bad. And then because the back wall was just thin plywood (like my Pets at Home hutch) I had to fork out for the hutch snuggle and hutch hugger to compensate, bumping the overall cost up by over £100. My pigs are outside all year, all seasons. They need something substantial. For me, the Chartwell didn't stand up to that 😔

yes mine are outside hutches all year round.i like the covers as has a fly screen /windy weather screen which is very useful.everyone uses whats best for them and there piggies !🙂

I've finished painting my hutch, but all this rain 🤷🏻‍♀️. Well, call me a wuss ball, but I don't want to put it outside now 😩

Back