• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hutch sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ive been looking at hutches online today and quite like these:

http://ukpetsonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=274

They do 4 foot too i think.

Current set up is my 2 girls share a 4 foot hutch, the spare (soon to be home to one) is 3 foot and Leo bunny has a 5 ft hutch to himself. The base of Leos is not used, its a double hutch but he only uses the top so wasted space.

Id basically love to get rid of the hutches esp Leos, have had them years, Leos is at least 12 years old if not 15! but he does like his home. Also got to consider costs.I clean the hutches with trigene twice a week and clean in general daily but they just are and look very old hutches now ::) Leos needs new wire netting but I'm no good at anything diy related!

Whats the best or average size for hutches? the girls have lots of space in their 4 foot.

I just cant decide whats best - with having a new guinea soon hopefully.......shall i keep things as they are or look at changing things?

Will post photo of the current set up:

IMGP2333.jpg

Alison

It might be me, but the link ones look smaller than the ones you have, but also like you said you think they do bigger ones. So I think the bigger ones will be good.

Think 4 foot is the average 'ok' size for 2 piggies.

If money is no object then by all means get a load of new ones - I think your set-up is quite good!

Have a look at www.mrbuns.co.uk - he makes reasonably priced double and triple hutches, might be what you're looking for

Those look good hutches :)

How i would love a shed ::)

Time to have thinks, have just scrubbed Leos hutch with boiling water and trigene, am thinking it might be worth re varnishing them - will have to see which varnish is pet friendly out there?

I'm amazed just how many winters Leos hutch has lasted - shows the quality of it got it built locally at a shed place - 15 years ago it was £75!

Alison

Just a thought but the Express and Star has a really big pet advert section it might be worth a look, I got a 4ft double hutch hardly used and when I explained to the girl selling it , it was for rescue piggies she let me have a 4ft single still in good condition all for £40, that was from a local Worcester ad. Only problem with looking in the pet ads is the temptation to take on something else.The hutches you have still look ok though and some of the new hutches are not such good quality although the 2 sites you are looking on both look lovely. Spock is awaiting developments with interest ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back