Hutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coops

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I'm going to get my children 2 female guinea pigs in the next week.
I am looking into hutch's and I'd like to get a double one with the bottom open so I can put it in concrete as I've heard its good for their nails but it will be kept outside so I'm looking for a really decent one. Where would be the best place to get one from? I'm also going to get a separate run to move around our garden.
We've never had guinea pigs before so would appreciate any advice

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I'm going to get my children 2 female guinea pigs in the next week.
I am looking into hutch's and I'd like to get a double one with the bottom open so I can put it in concrete as I've heard its good for their nails but it will be kept outside so I'm looking for a really decent one. Where would be the best place to get one from? I'm also going to get a separate run to move around our garden.
We've never had guinea pigs before so would appreciate any advice
where are you based? I have one for sale but i am in Nottingham..

Coops

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi there, I'm in Gloucester so too far, but I'd actually like to buy a new one, just that the p@h ones seem a bit flimsy to me for the money

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Hi there, I'm in Gloucester so too far, but I'd actually like to buy a new one, just that the p@h ones seem a bit flimsy to me for the money
the one i got was rather sturdy, it was from Amazon, if you type in 4.82 FT large New Indoor Outdoor Wooden Rabbit Hutch.. Just an idea for you. we built a cupboard underneath ours for storage.

Attachments

Veggies Galore

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
:wel: to the forum . I hope you are finding the threads here useful.

A lot of forum members have hutches from pets at home are happy with them. I am sure you will get lots more answers recommending hutches from elsewhere too.

It's clear you are doing you research before getting your guinea pigs -which is really good.

If you are considering keeping your guinea pigs in a hutch - I would advise you to think how you are going to manage in the winter.

I would advise you to look at these threads ...

https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/getting-guinea-pigs-items-youll-need-to-buy.112288/

https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/cold-weather-care-for-guinea-pigs.54309/

Maisy and Poppy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi and :wel: @Coops !

I have been searching for a good quality hutch for ages and I have finally found one.

In my opinion the best hutches are not the ones you have described they are very expensive or the reviews say that they are flimsy and last a year or two at the most.

I have the rose cottage from pets at home which is excellent quality as it is not the usual flimsy pets at home wood.
@ayemee has it too.
It is two levels and 5ft long. My piggies had no problem with the ramp and were zooming up and down it in no time! I keep it in a garage however if you wanted to keep it outside a hutch cover would ensure it lasted longer.

It is super easy to put together, it takes 30mins for three people to assemble it.

It is £179 ( gulp ) but when I joined the pets at home vip club I got vouchers ... So I ended up greeting a new one from there for £116! :yikes:

Here is the link : http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/p...d-guinea-pigs-by-pets-at-home-(in-store-only) Ignore the bad reviews! :tu:

I hope this helps and sorry for the long post!

ayemee

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi and :wel: @Coops !

I have been searching for a good quality hutch for ages and I have finally found one.

In my opinion the best hutches are not the ones you have described they are very expensive or the reviews say that they are flimsy and last a year or two at the most.

I have the rose cottage from pets at home which is excellent quality as it is not the usual flimsy pets at home wood.
@ayemee has it too.
It is two levels and 5ft long. My piggies had no problem with the ramp and were zooming up and down it in no time! I keep it in a garage however if you wanted to keep it outside a hutch cover would ensure it lasted longer.

It is super easy to put together, it takes 30mins for three people to assemble it.

It is £179 ( gulp ) but when I joined the pets at home vip club I got vouchers ... So I ended up greeting a new one from there for £116! :yikes:

Here is the link : http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/p...d-guinea-pigs-by-pets-at-home-(in-store-only) Ignore the bad reviews! :tu:

I hope this helps and sorry for the long post!
I second this! I absolutely love my Rose Cottage. :)

BossHogg

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to our friendly forum. I built my own hutch, so I can't advise you I'm afraid. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.