hutches and runs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Need to know of some good hutches and runs for sale on the web that deliver, any ideas!

C

cavykind

Have you tried your local pet shops? I tend to avoid those that sell animals, but some just sell supplies and hutches. I paid just under £90 for a double hutch for summer use. Well as I bought 2 just under £180 ::)
Delivery was £1.00.

Sometimes they be bought in the free ad papers, but I'm a bit leary as I worry about cross infection. But maybe I am just too fussy :-\
It might not be such a problem with runs for the garden?

Barbara

Reaction score
Our local pet shop is way out of my price range! It sells a 3foot hutch for £50! I'm really looking for a run. Could someone tell me what a argos grid is, as I seen one for sale on here!

C

cavykind

As I said a good place to look for runs is in the free ad papers, I've seen them advertised there before. You could also place a wanted advert.

If you run a rescue, why not contact your local paper and and ask them to run a story about the rescue and an appeal for hutches and runs. I've done that before and received a good response. Mind publicity is a double edged sword as you may find you get quite a few calls asking you to take in unwanted guinea pigs as well as thier homes ::)

An Argos grid can be used for constructing indoor pens, have you seen the cavycages site, there are pics on there.

Barbara

Reaction score
Sorry to be a pain! Been looking at argos and cant find the grids! Is there a different name for them. I have seen pictures of them and they look great!

linda.b

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
They are no longer in the catalogue. they did go in the sale a few weeks ago. If you go into your local store or look online, they may have some left. The cat no. is 875/9384. Good luck!

Reaction score
Do you want this for indoors or outdoors? For outside the happyhutch company sell 4ft hutches with 6ft by 4ft runs for £90 inc delivery - just keep bidding on ebay til you win one ;) Not the best time of year to be buying outside hutches for piggies though.

For inside 48" dog crates from ebay are just over £40 delivered. You can house two pairs of piggies in one of these on two levels giving them a nice amount of space. The size is perfect for running in circles 8) With a stick bridge added for each group your piggies will love their homes. You can stack two crates and so house 4 sets of pigs well for £80 plus a bit for plywood to make the extra shelf in each.

Status
Not open for further replies.