I am a prisoner in my own office!

Guinea Slave

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Last week my guineas had to come inside for a few days as we were having a patio relaid...unbeknown to me they were casing the joint and learning ...oh boy were they learning..

Since last week they come in every day at 2pm as their shed gets too hot. My study is upstairs, they are downstairs. (See pic) but now if they hear me even open my door i get full on whistled at, wheeked at and screamed at. If i date go to the kitchen and open the fridge..omg! One screams so hard her voices breaks!

How quickly they learn..but secretly its lovely having them so close!

Attachments

Guinea Slave

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
They are amazing little critters arent they? Whenever anyone asks why I have guineas or states ' they are really boring arent they' people see them in whole new light when I tell them these stories. They are secret planners and schemers! and way more intelligent than most humans!

@Wiebke how on earth do you manage with them all in your house! It must be sooo noisey!

Guinea Slave

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Haha, getting you well trained!
Do you think they have a guinea pig manual they share? I always remember the Starlight Barking with the 101 Dalmations and how they communicated at night, I wonder if guineas do the same by some telepathic means? They may have telepathic 'Ted Talks' for training your hoomon? How to get the best out of your Slave? When to wheek and when not to wheek?

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Do you think they have a guinea pig manual they share? I always remember the Starlight Barking with the 101 Dalmations and how they communicated at night, I wonder if guineas do the same by some telepathic means? They may have telepathic 'Ted Talks' for training your hoomon? How to get the best out of your Slave? When to wheek and when not to wheek?
I think they have secret video camera's and you end up as part of a documentary on a guinea pig show where they show how their slaves have done that month!

Eddie & Elvis

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
When to wheek and when not to wheek?
When is it not time to wheek? If there's even the slightest hint that food might be on its way us piggies must make sure the slaves know how starving we are! Yes we only ate 10 minutes ago but that was 10 whole minutes ago! That's almost animal cruelty right there!

Wheeky wheeks,
Eddie and Elvis 🐾

Qualcast&Flymo

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I think they have secret video camera's and you end up as part of a documentary on a guinea pig show where they show how their slaves have done that month!
Yes, it's like 'The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy' (TV) - where the humans think the mice are their pets but really they are part of the mice's experiment ..
:xd:

Guinea Slave

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Haha loving this! The Guinea show and hitchhikers guide brilliant!

are you feeding yours more too? Mine get first breakfast, second breakfast...lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, late night snacks...omg now it’s in writing I have been so manipulated!,

new lows just now...they wheeked at the Tesco delivery man..their training is complete. He asked what the noise was...he was very confused.

rp1993

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Haha loving this! The Guinea show and hitchhikers guide brilliant!

are you feeding yours more too? Mine get first breakfast, second breakfast...lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, late night snacks...omg now it’s in writing I have been so manipulated!,

new lows just now...they wheeked at the Tesco delivery man..their training is complete. He asked what the noise was...he was very confused.
It’s the best day of the week when Ocado come, they go mental!
I stopped with afternoon snacks they only get them like maybe once (twice) a week now 🙈

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Yes I have to tiptoe silently through my house in the dark if there's any chance of getting a quick coffee before Tallulah notices me and starts demanding breakfast... and if I'm trying to work from home I have to hide in my bedroom because if they see me it must be snack time! Lockdown has certainly plumped up my piggies, mealtimes must be anytime I come out of my bedroom and if I dont give in then there is a chorus of outraged wheeking in the background of my Zoom meetings!