• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

I am in despair - healing vibes needed again

munchmonster

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
I am exhausted. I work under stress and pressure all day 5 days a week and loved to come home to my piggies and house rabbit. I think I could handle work/home but I am now arriving at work late as I have to give three of my piggies some medication and syringe feed morning and night. Wilf is having to have thyronorm, Wilbur is having Loxicam and antibiotics and puts up a struggle as he hates it and now my once happy beautiful Annie may not last the night. I have taken her to a vet twice this week, the last time being an imergency this morning. Last night she seemed to be wanting to eat and I thought she had turned a corner, but this morning she was shaking and hunched up and not very warm. The vet said her gut was empty and she was given medication to get it started again. Tonight she has runny poo everywhere and try as I might, I cannot get any syringe feed into her. I am currently covered in both feed and runny poo and have cuddled her on my shoulder for hours tonight. I am in tears as I type this as I just dont know what to do anymore. Please send Annie lots of healing vibes. I just can't lose her

Sorry you’re going through a really tough time with all your piggies. I’m sending healing vibes for Annie, as well as Wilf and Wilbur.

Sorry you're having a difficult time with your piggies currently. I can't offer any advice but am sending hugs and healing vibes to you and your piggies xx :hug: :hug:

Thank you for sending the vibes, I have told her I love her and to hang on in there. I hope she hears me

I am very sorry about your struggles and keeping my fingers firmly crossed for Annie. Please keep in mind that it is NOT your fault. You are doing your very best but there is always only so much you can do.

Just in the case this doesn't happen, you may find this guide here helpful: A Practical and Sensitive Guide to Dying, Terminal Illness and Euthanasia in Guinea Pigs

I really feel for you, having had to emergency pts my Gethin yesterday evening when he suddenly went downhill very quickly over the course of the day (he was still fine the evening before). He was clearly in major discomfort and not responding to his meds. The vet's findings were unfortunately not good; I am deeply grateful that she stayed on after hours to squeeze in Gethin and to spare him any further unnecessary suffering. He's my 6th loss in just over two months. It can be tough when you have to look after several frail piggies with medical needs on top of everything else because that is never a quick job and the worries definitely get to you!

Watching a piggy deteriorating and being helpless to turn things around is one of the worst experiences. You often feel very alone, especially during the night hours when you are sitting up with your piggy and nobody is around to cheer you on when tiredness and desperation hit. :(

I’m so sorry that you’re having such a tough time. It can feel the loneliest place in the world nursing a sick piggy. I’m sending you gentle hugs x

Sending healing vibes to all your piggies, it’s so exhausting and emotionally draining looking after poorly piggies. You are doing a great job caring for them all, sending you big hugs, I hope you can get some syringe food into Annie x

Oh no. I’m so sorry you and the piggies are going though all this. Sending love to you all and lots of healing vibes. Xx

It must be really exhausting and stressful looking after three sick animals. You are doing all you can for them. Especially Annie. I hope she started to feel better. Please try and take care of yourself too. My thoughts are with you. ❤️

Thinking of you. How is Annie and how are you today?

I’m sorry :(. I’m going through very similar with my pig. I won’t take over your thread with my details but I very much understand your struggle and your worry

Thank you all for your healing thoughts. Annie has made it through the night and I have managed to get some critical care into her mouth. She has been cuddling into my neck this morning. I am about to give her some more cc in a few minutes. Some of the messages have been so lovely they brought tears to my eyes - only piggie people seem to understand what it is like.
I am so sorry Wiebke to hear of your multiple losses recently, I send you some hugs.

One question to anyone who knows far more about health and wellness than me - Annie was covered in runny poo yesterday and some has dried on her tummy and bum. Would I be putting her through too much to gently bathe her underside or leave well alone until (hoping) she feels better.

I would try wiping her with a damp cloth first to see if that is enough to clean her up for now
I’m sorry you’re going through a difficult time and I hope she is ok

Back