• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I am new with Vet bed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have just got some vet bed off ebay. What do I do with it - do I put it between paper and hay and how and when can I wash it?

what i do is in the hutch i have drawer lining to protect the wood then newspaper on top of that and then the vetbed. thats it. with my hutch in the bedroom bit they have extra fleece blankets, hay and stuff.

thanks. Can't wait to try it. i hope it will stop the coughing and sneezing!

vet bed arrived! I have ordered another one to so I can wash one /use one. let's see how they like it!

Lucinda the piggies will love it. And so will you. saves so much time too when cleaning.

How many days will it go before cleaning? There are three guineas in there. At the moment I clean them every other day.

well i have 2 piggies and they have a very large space. i do it on the 5th day but when i did it this time as its the first time since having the extension i could go another 2/3 days. it was dry and fairly dry underneath too.. think it may of been cos they were peeing in the cavy cuisine food and not eating it. might have to go back to their normal dry food

That is good. Sounds like I won't have to clean up so much. And it'll save me a fortune in replacement vacuum bags!

Hehe congratulations!

I usually put puppy pads (Absorb wee) under and then the vet bed on top. They each have a corner of hay which is in a piggy litter box so it doesn't get on the Vet Bed too much but it's a low one so they can climb on it easily. (Almost flat) and I call it their 'Hay Loft' lol. When it comes to washing I shake out the vet bed in the garden and just throw it in the wash!

Livie x

I am suprised how easy my vet bed is, I only have enough for one cage though as it was form ebay, would love to buy more!

Vetbeds are great. Newspaper underneath is good and at least you are recycling the papers.

I find it quite hard to get all the hay bits off before washing (I live in a flat high up so have no garden to shake in) I am sure I will bung up the washing machine in no time! Any ideas?

a stiff brush, like the brush from a dustpan and brush, thats what i use and it removes everything including piggy hair

Got my big roll of it today, it made enough to cover 2 cages and some off cuts, not bad I guess!

Can you hover vet bed i dont have any i was just wondering x

yes with a little handheld one. it collects the poo but best to pick up or brush the hay. i bought my handheld from tescos. Someone on here (lucinda i think) recommended it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back