• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I fed my guinea pigs ice burg lettuce.

I don’t know whether that mix could be the cause but I’d certainly look to change to a pellet food anyway and then feed the pellets sparingly.

I believe that @Seven7 gives Finn and Lara Oxbow pellets so those are available in the US. I give my 5 piggies 4 small handfuls of Harringtons pellets each day.

Last edited:
My Finn and Lara get Oxbow pellets. I am in US but someone told me they saw Oxbow pellet sold in the store in UK.
I give small amount of Oxbow pellets everyday along with their three servings of veggies.

IMG_4243 (1).JPG

thats so sad :(
Just a different culture- I suppose it’s not much different to the people who eat rabbit, especially in Spain or all the homesteaders in the US that farm rabbits for meat- actually UK included.
I think traditionally it was a good protein source especially high up in the Andes where the soil was too poor to support livestock.

Just a different culture- I suppose it’s not much different to the people who eat rabbit, especially in Spain or all the homesteaders in the US that farm rabbits for meat- actually UK included.
I think traditionally it was a good protein source especially high up in the Andes where the soil was too poor to support livestock.
When I worked at a vet college in the USA I knew some vets from Peru whose families traditionally farmed guinea pigs and llamas... they were brilliant piggy and llama vets because if its your family's only source of wool and protein you need to be I guess! Personally I'm as veggie as my piggies are but if it wasn't for domestication by traditional farmers in south america we wouldnt have any pet piggies at all...

thanks to everyone for all the advise. they are still doing good hopefully thats the end of it but I'm still gonna watch them and definitely watch what i feed them from here on out >

Back