I feel dreadful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
But it had to be done.
I put the indoor run up again today to let the girlies run riot while I was cage cleaning. They were having fun except Gaga who just sits there waving her hair about and mumbling away to herself. Bee and her Mummy Boofle were jumping about like mad, Tam on the other hand took it upon herself to attack all three of them. I watched for a while and my freind sat with them for ages while I cleaned out the cages. I came in and Tam was really attacking Boofle. So much so that she was walking around with Boofles hair in her mouth. Enough is enough now. She has been put outside in the hutch on her own. Loads of hay food, water pigloo and the cosy sack I made for her. Hubby went and bought a tarpaulin so shes HOPEFULLY nice and snug.
I feel really bad for plopping her outside, but she is a bully, and will cause injury if I let it carry on. And I have noticed yesterday and today that when Tam isnt about Gaga popcorns and saunters around like she is free. She gets on well with Boofle and Bee so they are now in the biggest huge indoor cage, and Bumble is in the newest cage I have. All seems ok at the moment. I have checked on Tam loads of times and shes resetting the way the hutch is laid out.
I feel like such a bad bad owner now.8...

Reaction score
Aww don't feel bad :( it's not your fault and even though she's outside I'm sure she's more than fine x

Reaction score
Tam sounds like such a bossy mare! I know it's upsetting for you but don't feel guilty - the others probably need a break from her. Did have a little giggle when you said she was rearranging her hutch! She's a right madam!

CPHill

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey, you shouldn't feel bad, you had no choice but to remove her. I don't know how this works in piggy land but are you going to try tam with them again treating this like time out on the naughty step, hoping she's got message, or keep her out there?

I don't know, there's always a worry with piggies! :) x

Reaction score
All I could hear was her banging her pigloo about. Shes probably got the right raving hump.mallethead But Shes been a bully for far too long and got away with it for far too long. She wants to be alone then so be it. Obviously I am still going to fuss over her, as she is such a right little charector. But the welfare of the others is important to me as well. And I know for a fact Gaga is miserable.

Reaction score
I shall keep her out there now I think. I'm going to ask hubby to make her her own hutch so when its time for the other girls to go out shes away from them. She can still come in and have run time. But Ive then got the worry of temperature changes you know in and out in and out. I cant risk her harming the others. I am still guilt ridden though. I think she was born to be alone that one. Obviously with my love and attention.8...

Reaction score
Aww don't feel bad :) you did what you had to for the benefit of all your piggies, maybe Tam will calm down now she's got her own space. Poor Gaga, I love her name! I wanted to call one of mine Gaga but they are boys and I was talked out of it lol Hope you're okay!x

Abi_nurse

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Its not fault, I feel the same about the two boys ive tried to introduce and they havent got on. I wish piggies could talk and let us know what theyre thinking.

x.

Reaction score
There is a reason shes called Gaga....

DSC00120-1.jpg

xx>>>
Hahaha I love her so much. She is such a lovley mannered pigglywiggly.

Reaction score
She is honestly the most beautiful little thing. So laid back its unreal. I dont know if thats because Tam was so overbearing she hasnt been able to come out of her shell. But she squidges under my chin when Ive got her for cuddles. Loves her hair being brushed. Didnt move a muscle when she had her nails done either. I think she was expected a french manicure while we were at it.lol.
I think its best all round that I have removed Tam from the situation.They can all have their personalities come out now.

Reaction score
I checked Tam this morning, shes doing good. In fact when I stuck my head in the hutch its quite warm. Shes had a nice big bowl of veggies. So all is well:(|)

RabbitFan

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The bossy pig in my gang is Freya. I found that when I took her out for a few weeks then reintroduced her she came in at the bottom of the order and never asserted herself as badly again. It may be worth trying her back in eventually.

Reaction score
I might try that. Bee is still fairly small, and although she didnt attack her, its her mummy Boofle that she was going for. And she is fairly young as well, as she got pregnant really young and I bought her home like that. I cant risk Tam going for her, shed probably do alot of damage. We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.