• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

I feel like a bad pet parent

lavender91

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello so I gave our girls some bene bac plus they had some soft and point poops because food change and my pig ate part of a silicone nipple 🙃 I feel like a sh××y pet parent will she be okay

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240501_002040_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240501_002040_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240501_002433.jpg
    20240501_002433.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240501_002441.jpg
    20240501_002441.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240501_002449.jpg
    20240501_002449.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 1
She should be fine - it doesnt look like much at all. It doesn’t make you a bad owner - piggies chew things.
I’ve had one of my pigs chew the entire rubber strip off of a dustpan!

I’ve not seen a syringe with rubber top though - most are just hard plastic.

Have you also removed veg from the diet and increased hay intake to help combat a digestive upset?
A couple of days off of veg is usually enough to resolve a mild upset, if it doesn’t then do see a vet

Thank you and I have and it happens from time to time it's not every week thing I've noticed it when ever I change food but thats because their favorite food was out of stock for the longest time so I had to switch foods to find something they like it also doesn't help that when they run around they hit the water thingy and make water go everywhere so it makes the ground wet which makes the poo soft sadly they are doing fine otherwise no issues they run around eat and drink sleep etc so I read bene bac can help with tummy trouble 😅

She should be fine - it doesnt look like much at all. It doesn’t make you a bad owner - piggies chew things.
I’ve had one of my pigs chew the entire rubber strip off of a dustpan!

I’ve not seen a syringe with rubber top though - most are just hard plastic.

Have you also removed veg from the diet and increased hay intake to help combat a digestive upset?
A couple of days off of veg is usually enough to resolve a mild upset, if it doesn’t then do see a vet
I found them on Amazon it's a normal syringe with a nipple attachment for feedings

Thank you and I have and it happens from time to time it's not every week thing I've noticed it when ever I change food but thats because their favorite food was out of stock for the longest time so I had to switch foods to find something they like it also doesn't help that when they run around they hit the water thingy and make water go everywhere so it makes the ground wet which makes the poo soft sadly they are doing fine otherwise no issues they run around eat and drink sleep etc so I read bene bac can help with tummy trouble 😅

I assume when you say food you are talking about their dry food/pellets/nuggets.
If their normal dry food/pellets aren’t available, then instead of suddenly switching brand you would be better off to not give any pellets if your piggies are known to be sensitive to sudden dietary changes. They don’t actually need any dry food at all.

The ground being wet doesn’t equal their poop going soft due to a digestive upset so while it is annoying, it isn’t actually a problem.

I found them on Amazon it's a normal syringe with a nipple attachment for feedings

I attachment is not necessary at all - I would, if possible, detach and discard it

CZTNNZK 10PCS Pet Feeding Nipple-Contains 2 Syringes Silicone Material Kitten Nipples for Nursing Reusable Pet Nursing Syringes Suitable for Kittens Puppies, Rabbits, Squirrels Amazon.com

I assume when you say food you are talking about their dry food/pellets/nuggets.
If their normal dry food/pellets aren’t available, then instead of suddenly switching brand you would be better off to not give any pellets if your piggies are known to be sensitive to sudden dietary changes. They don’t actually need any dry food at all.

The ground being wet doesn’t equal their poop going soft due to a digestive upset so while it is annoying, it isn’t actually a problem.

I attachment is not necessary at all - I would, if possible, detach and discard it
i dont plan on using the attachments again and yea it's the pellets food stuff and no I know that doesn't make them soft and squishy no when we do cuddle time they always poo and pee so the poo normally come out normal and not squishy 😅 it seems like it's in their favorite potty spot when they pee and poo it makes things squishy the water doesn't help either

So are their poops normal elsewhere in the cage at the moment?

As I say, they don’t need pellets so rather than switching brand if you know it upsets their digestion, then best not to give pellets until you can get their normal brand again.

Definitely don’t use the attachment - it looks like they may be useful for feeding tiny kittens milk but it’s not really something that a guinea pig needs for syringe feeding

So are their poops normal elsewhere in the cage at the moment?

As I say, they don’t need pellets so rather than switching brand if you know it upsets their digestion, then best not to give pellets until you can get their normal brand again.

Definitely don’t use the attachment - it looks like they may be useful for feeding tiny kittens milk but it’s not really something that a guinea pig needs for syringe feeding
Yea their poo is normal except by their potty corners and by the water bottles haha 😄 well thankfully I found and alternative in case I can't ge their normal food that they actually like 😅 so now I have 2 brands lol and right that's what I get for reading and it saying Bite proof and for Rabbits and other beans

Yea their poo is normal except by their potty corners and by the water bottles haha 😄 well thankfully I found and alternative in case I can't ge their normal food that they actually like 😅 so now I have 2 brands lol and right that's what I get for reading and it saying Bite proof and for Rabbits and other beans

If it is normal elsewhere then they don’t have a digestive upset (anymore) and don’t need the benebac.
It sounds as if it is just get trodden down by the water/standing in it when peeing - not that there is anything wrong with your piggies.

I’d not use them with my rabbits at all!

If it is normal elsewhere then they don’t have a digestive upset (anymore) and don’t need the benebac.
It sounds as if it is just get trodden down by the water/standing in it when peeing - not that there is anything wrong with your piggies.

I’d not use them with my rabbits at all!
I gave them the benebac incase they did have upset tummy's and I didn't see it yea a
Their poo,pee etc seems all normal (as much as poo and pee looks normal) haha their poo is sometime soft but it goes away

Back