• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I feel like a bad piggy mum! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I own three boars and I always feel so guilty that they deserve better despite me doing my very best for them. I have Bradley and Barney in the corner cage from zooplus and Rodney in a 100cm cage, it saddens me because I think they need a lot more space than they currently have. I'm in the process of hopefully getting a 4ft x 3ft run as this is the last bit of space I have left! Literally that's it, otherwise I won't be able to get in to my bedroom.

My boys seem to have recurring fungal that I treat and it disappears, it always seems to come back months later though. My boys get toys and the best food I can afford, it's just that my bedroom is tiny and there's no where else in the house that they can fit (2 bedroom victorian terrace = teeny tiny rooms!)

My boys popcorn and stuff but I worry that they're not happy :( I feel like such a bad piggy mum!

i think if they are popcorning then they are happy :) they have room and lots of food. i dont think mine have enough space but they do i just want them to have more.

dont worry your a good piggy mum :)

Their popcorning says to me that they are not miserable piggies. Are the talkative and as eager to see you (or their food as much as you are them?

Some fungal problems are reccuring and there is nothing more that you can do but treat them as you are and care for them each time it re-occours.

You don't sound like a bad piggie mum to me, you are providing them the best food you can get them, companionship, vet care, a safe place to live a nd a home for life. The biggest indoor cage in the world would mean nothing if you gave them none of that x.

The very fact that you worry about them says you're not a bad piggy mum.
Think about what life could of been like for them, it soon puts your worries into perspective. x

I agree with katiepops. The fact that you want what is best for them says that you are a good mummy for them.
I know of piggies that have all the space in the world, but they are not cared for, I think those piggies will trade places with yours in a hearbeat. :))

Of course you're not a bad piggy mum, you obviously love them. Cage sizes are just a guideline, like someone could come alone and say "only 8 foot cages are big enough" but it doesn't matter as long as they seem happy, which they obviously are, and you care about them, which you obviously do. :) I'm sure they're really happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back