• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I feel like crying (hutch related)(rant alert)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
grrrr grrrr grrrr

arghhh! so fed up stupid hutchh!

got the rose cottage hutch, which is made for rabbits but converting it for pigs, as my mum bought it as ex display so was half price!

anywayyss

thought I would swap the bolts over cos the original black ones were hard and stiff, well my dad helped, and the new silver ones, looked so ugly! they were to big so over lapped, which ment they have to be screwed is sideways argh so i took them off and replaced with the crappy black ones

I need to higher the ramp as its to steap for pigs, so I took the original one off and bought one of these (well 2 to make 1)

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/runs_fencing/pen_accessories/33684

and its to wide and have no way of fitting it to the hole :@:@

so now thinging of putting the original one back but with a lesser slope, so higher it up but now theres a 4-5 inch gap and the ramps in mid air,

arghh i could seriously scream right now i had enough of that dam hutch!

:0:0:0:0

I have 5 pigs but I brought this one ( or very similar) last year. I found that the girls didn't get on with the ramp and when I was cleaning it and changing the bedding the ramp became loose. What I did was to remove the ramp and convert it into 2 seperate hutches. I have 2 upstairs and 3 downstairs. Could you not do something similar?

I have 5 pigs but I brought this one ( or very similar) last year. I found that the girls didn't get on with the ramp and when I was cleaning it and changing the bedding the ramp became loose. What I did was to remove the ramp and convert it into 2 seperate hutches. I have 2 upstairs and 3 downstairs. Could you not do something similar?

I got 4 girls going in there, mum and 3 daughters, they have a really close bond so *** like them to stay together really, just need a way of joining the ramp to the floor with the ramp being higherd up

Mine are only seperated if me or my daughter aren't at home any other time theyr'e all out together sharing floortime. During holidays if we not going away for the day they are out from about 7 in the morning till 10 at night. So really the only time they are separated in 'bedtime'.

I've heard of people putting pigloo's etc underneath ramps so they aren't so steep. Could this be an idea?

I've heard of people putting pigloo's etc underneath ramps so they aren't so steep. Could this be an idea?

i think *** is the answer ha i just had the very same thought! just uploadning pics now!

It's still a rough idea atm, not sure whether the pigs will get on the top of the house, I'm thinking they will, or I'll find something they can get upto and then up onto the roof!

215932_2028530271525_1192116864_2483423_7956549_n.jpg

205173_2028553832114_1192116864_2483439_3448571_n.jpg

thoguths?

Also thinking of covering the ramp with something x

Last edited:
I've raised the ramp in my hutch too to make it less steep too as Willow was never very keen on the ramp.

I use two (or three before one broke..) of these little 'tables' to make a ledge which makes the slope much more shallow.

I like the idea of using the corner house (may have to steal that!) and I found that mine all jumped up easily and like to snooze up there too.

Even little Marmite who is about 4 months old has no trouble with the tables and ramp :)

Good luck - don't give up! :)

I've raised the ramp in my hutch too to make it less steep too as Willow was never very keen on the ramp.

I use two (or three before one broke..) of these little 'tables' to make a ledge which makes the slope much more shallow.

I like the idea of using the corner house (may have to steal that!) and I found that mine all jumped up easily and like to snooze up there too.

Even little Marmite who is about 4 months old has no trouble with the tables and ramp :)

Good luck - don't give up! :)

oo i like those tables!

Ooh that looks good! I'm sure they'll be able to get onto the house with a little encouragement :))

oOOooO! Can I say a big Thank You to you, you have solved the hutch problem! :)) hehe my OH sister piggies are kept in the same hutch but wont use the ramp as its too steep so i had no idea how to raise it or what to put underneath the ramp.

Now I know!

I'm going to be getting the girls a ramp tunnel cover from....that website-that-i-cant-remember-of-the-top-of-my-head (:)) so the tunnel doesnt seem so scarey. Its lovely and spacious hutch its just a shame with the ramp :(

oOOooO! Can I say a big Thank You to you, you have solved the hutch problem! :)) hehe my OH sister piggies are kept in the same hutch but wont use the ramp as its too steep so i had no idea how to raise it or what to put underneath the ramp.

Now I know!

I'm going to be getting the girls a ramp tunnel cover from....that website-that-i-cant-remember-of-the-top-of-my-head (:)) so the tunnel doesnt seem so scarey. Its lovely and spacious hutch its just a shame with the ramp :(

yeye! woo we've all helped each otherr, heres the link to the house, i got the bunny one, cos it will JUST about fit 4 but also higher x

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/accessories/cabins/36373

Thank youuu! :)) I've been stumped for months someone on here suggested a brick but it hardly made any difference unfortantly :( but thank you will order one now :)

Thank youuu! :)) I've been stumped for months someone on here suggested a brick but it hardly made any difference unfortantly :( but thank you will order one now :)

woop! lol only have one more hutch related problem now well 2 but 1 is half sorted ha!

need to lino it and also need to work out what I'm going to put in te bed area! want to avoid straw cos it makes a mess, but need like an igloo or something that fits 4!

not sure whether to go down the fleece route as its a nightmare lol its a big space like tallness wise

what does ** sis use!

I use fleece in all of my hutches in my shed and for the runs (also in the shed) it works fine for me :) all I do when I've cleaned them out is hang the fleece on the washing line for a day or two (to get the remaining hay/food/mess off it) and then bung it in the washer and then back on the line.
I think my piggies actually prefer it (as it's softer for them & maybe warmer too) as do I, it takes a fraction of the time to clean them out now :).

I use fleece in all of my hutches in my shed and for the runs (also in the shed) it works fine for me :) all I do when I've cleaned them out is hang the fleece on the washing line for a day or two (to get the remaining hay/food/mess off it) and then bung it in the washer and then back on the line.
I think my piggies actually prefer it (as it's softer for them & maybe warmer too) as do I, it takes a fraction of the time to clean them out now :).

mine tend to pee and poo ALOT on fleece, I am putting a hay bin hopefully to litter trainthem ha but i *** hold out much hope rolleyes

My lot are bedded on hay and it does make a right mess but they seem to love digging around in it (until they flatten it rolleyes )

How about a box of hay in the bed area to keep they hay where it should be?

It'd keep them toasty and best of all boxes are free! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back