• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I have a question about guinea pig fights

Jessica Mulkey

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So my two my piggies, milo, and teddy have been living together almost since we got milo a got a couple of months ago, and up until now, everything has been fine. Today, however, I woke up to one bleeding from his lip and the other bleeding from his foot (though it doesn't look serious). I separated the two of them right away as they were both catering their teeth and ready to attack again. But any tips on what I should do from here with them? I did order a disinfect to use on the piggies cuts as we don't have anything for small animals in my house.

I’m sorry to hear this
You can mix some salt in boiled water (let it cool) and use that to clean the wounds.
I'm afraid if they have had a blood drawing fight then it can mean they need to be permanently separated as such fights are bond breaking. In this situation, they will need to live in separate but side by side cages as neighbours so they can interact through the bars for company.

Boars: Teenage, Bullying, Fighting, Fall-outs And What Next?
First Aid Kit: Easily available non-medication support products for an emergency

Last edited:
I’ve heard of using Neosporin for wounds you can also clean it with Betadine if needed

I just use Savlon or Germolene and they are very effective as they are with humans. Regarding them fighting. What are they like with each other at the moment.

In this situation, they will need to live in separate but side by side cages as neighbours so they can interact through the bars for company.
I agree with this. They will continue to fight if they live together and you risk more serious wounds (vet bills) and upset for both boys. Even the winner doesn't/didn't want to fight. 'In the wild' if there is such a thing for piggies, one pig would be able to run away for safety but as pets they are trapped. Thru-the-bars is a good solution: neighbouring cages or even a divider if they both have plenty of room. They should be able to see/smell each other and interact so don't do stacking cages or cages far apart. I have 2 pairs thus:
4 way grass pile.jpg

Back