I Have Foiled Those Of My Piggies Who Like To Re-decorate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilly

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Am loving the cage items I recently bought from @Wigpigs as they all hook to the cage bars & can't be moved about by cheeky piggies. Peanut Butter was somewhat miffed that he couldn't drag his hidey over his food bowl so was sat on top of it for quite some time but eventually couldn't resist the lure of fleecy softness inside.

Here is PB inside the hidey. He might still be annoyed as he has put his bum to the front, which is unusual for him..

Here is Hazelnut. He has his head to the front so I think he approves.

Donny enjoying his tunnel. He usually likes to roll them around until he bumps up against Mason's tunnel annoying Mason. Can't do that now!

Mason taking a rare break form his life in the hay tray to spend some time in the new tunnel.

ayemee

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Bless them! I get the bum at the front from Amber after I wash her favourite cosy. It doesn't smell of wee and poop anymore so she doesn't approve!

They're all such cuties.

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Little stunners :drool:

Lol at PB not being able to interior design his cage :)) Glad to see him looking so well x

Lilly

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Bless them! I get the bum at the front from Amber after I wash her favourite cosy. It doesn't smell of wee and poop anymore so she doesn't approve!They're all such cuties.
Glad to know other piggies show their disdain by "mooning" their slaves!

Little stunners :drool: Lol at PB not being able to interior design his cage :)) Glad to see him looking so well x
Thank you. I am so relieved PB has gotten over his nightmare illnesses at last.

"A rare break from his life in the hay tray" really made me laugh! I have one like that!
Mason spends most of his life laying in the hay tray despite comfy vetbed throughout his cage & fleecy cosies. I once watched him drag a cos lettuce leaf from one side of the cage to the other where his hay tray was so he could lay in it & eat the leaf.

What do you do about clean hay? I have to clean out his hay tray 2 and 3 times a day as it gets incredibly full of poop & urine. I've ordered some hay bags to hang over the hay trays so he can have some clean hay to eat all the time.

Jen H

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Haha Mason certainly knows his own mind! As for hay, I'm like you - throwing away loads filled with poop and wee! I had newspaper under it, but that got too wet, now I'm using a ceramic oval pie dish instead of a tray with an extra piece of fleece next to it, but it's not persuaded her to lie on the fleece and eat from the dish! I might give hay bags a try, with a tray of cheaper hay for her to still sit on. Let me know how Mason likes it!

Lilly

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Haha Mason certainly knows his own mind! As for hay, I'm like you - throwing away loads filled with poop and wee! I had newspaper under it, but that got too wet, now I'm using a ceramic oval pie dish instead of a tray with an extra piece of fleece next to it, but it's not persuaded her to lie on the fleece and eat from the dish! I might give hay bags a try, with a tray of cheaper hay for her to still sit on. Let me know how Mason likes it!
I tried to line the hay tray with puppy pads to make cleaning out easier. But with plastic against plastic Mason was able to shift the pad half outside the tray - without any hay on it mind, the hay was still in the bottom of the tray, don't know how he did that!

I now put cheaper local oaten or meadow hay in the tray & the expensive imported timothy in a bowl. by his pellets. He will eat the timothy alongside the pellets. When the hay bags arrive I will put the timothy in that & let you know how it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.