• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I must be mad

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

milliekitten

Hi all,

As you all know I am the proud owner of 8 guineas, with Violets babies on the way any day. :smitten: I must also have the word mug written on my forehead ::) Today at work a client comes in, conversation goes something like this:
Her: You keep guineas don't you?
Me: yes
Her: Do you want another one?
Me: Umm...
Her My grandaughter has one and isn't looking after it...

So conversation goes on and she came back an hour later with a beautiful orange and white satin crested (I think) in a terrible state, she gave me some money towards vets bill and left. The piggy, we've named Honey, has urine burns on her paws causing open wounds, her fur is very thin due to vitamin deficiency and is quite underweight, again our vet was excellent and the poor little mite has had an injection and painkiller liquid. The poor little mite is currently stuffing into veggies as if shes never seen them before :'(

Here's some pics: Introducing Honey

P6020170.jpg

P6020178.jpg

P6020181.jpg

What a beautiful guinea pig! It really annoys me when parents let their children have animals and when they children have lost interest or arent taking care of them properly, just dont bother to step in and care for it! They just leave it to get into a state and them dump it on somebody to nurse it back to health.

I'm glad honeys got you now and i hope she gets better soon! :)

Sarah you're a sweetheart and Honey is gorgeous! :smitten: I know what you mean though my gob gets me in trouble. I told the RSPCA woman that I take in the odd guinea to rehome and she said do you want another two so I am waiting for a phone call! :D Good luck with Honey! :smitten:

Your an amazing woman. not many people would take in a guinea pig and give it so much love and attention. Be proud of yourself. xx

She is gorgeous :smitten: I think cresteds have the most expressionate faces O0

what a lovely pig, shame people don't care for their animals :( well done on taking her in O0

Well done for taking her in O0

She is adorable :smitten: :smitten:

Beautiful guinea pig,so lucky that the grnadmother had the sense to bring her to you! 0:)

well done to you for taking her in O0 she is a very pretty girl :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: wish parents wouldn't give children pets until they are old enough to care for them
:tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: so glad the grandmother saw the light at the end and gave her to you O0 hoping she gets better soon sending hugs and healing vibes to the poor little mite :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thankyou guys she is such a sweetie. Overnight she has ate everything, pellets, hey, veg the lot ;D She is a little hand shy and tries to give you a nip as you pick her up but once you've got her she is all purrs and cuddles, her feet look a little better all ready but she is flat out refusing the baytril ::) Violet still hasnt had the babies , i'm going to have to stick a wide load sticker on her tush if she gets any bigger ;D ;D ;D
Love
Sarah

Aww she is lovely

Well done for taking her in and giving her a loving home
xx :smitten:

What a stunning lady! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Yes it is very sad but thankfully you were there to take her in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back