• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I Need Help Making A C And C

PiggyProdigy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey, forum people.

I have close to 90 grids and plenty of connectors. Currently, my pigs are splitting
a 5 by 3 cage in my room, but it's a temporary fix that I had to do to get them out of their tiny cage that I got them in. (They would be sharing but they're not fully bonded and I was going to try again Saturday but they were still showing signs of dominence and aggression)
So anyway, I want my C and C to be off the ground, and like a z shape, with a long central area and two areas poking off in seperate direcrions. But the thing is I can't find anywhere with coroplast and I can't figure out a legitmaite substitute.
So I have the grids and I really need to get them bonded and in their final cage but that stuff is holding me back, and I've watched videos on making c and c's but I still don't fully understand it.
So I guess my questions would be
1. Is their any videos that clearly illustrate the building of a large c and c cage
2. What is something that goes up the edge that can be used OTHER than coroplast
Thanks for any help sorry :/

I didn't like correx, I think I'd bought the thin size and it didn't work out well. But happily used tarpaulin from Pundstretcher for four years. I clipped it to the grids very taught and the newspaper under the bedding went up the cage sides over it, my Guineas never bothered with it. I changed it when it got grubby I think twice. I've seen people use shower curtains also. I used clear cable ties as found these easier for me and used spare grids as the stand with a sheet of Perspex as the cage base, tarpaulin over paper. Think I've explained it right

If you look up 'Skinnypigs1' on youtube she filmed herself making a large L shaped c&c and also has a video on how to cut the correx.

Back