• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

I need some advice ! - Swollen leg

Abbie_010203

New Born Pup
Reaction score
hello ! I got some 6 week old baby guinea pigs at the start of quaritine (so they are around 6-7 months old) and they live outside as one is a lanykra guinea pig . Bumble (the lankyra ) was nipping at poe (who is kinda the dominant one but is a standard American- I think) and I was really confused , I picked bumble up as he has been hopping around lately (like his front legs walk but his back ones kinda jump) so I picked him up and realised that his back leg is quite swollen , i put him back as i didn't want to stress I'm out and realised that he isn't walking on that leg completely. It looks like there is a thorn or spliter in it (even though there is only grass in his pen) and I'm not quite sure what to do ?

Angle

_
Reaction score
Check that he hasnt torn a nail, and take him to the nearest available vet.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score