• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

I really don't believe it.... Christian now!

Betsy

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
When I put Christian back in the hutch tonight, his bum felt funny in my hand. I looked at it and it is half bald and there is a bit of blood there too. I think he has mites and the blood is from where he has been scratching, he has an appointment at the vets tomorrow at 10.45.

Honestly what with Betsy and her emergency spay at the start of Lockdown, Meg with her weight loss/teeth problem in the middle of Lockdown, Patsy and her weight loss, UTI and the massive stone she passed, Dennis with his URI and now Christian I might as well set up a bed in the waiting area at the vets!

Oh dear, I am sorry that you've got another piggy problem. Hopefully if it's mites a course of ivermectin or whatever will do the trick. Zebedee had mites "down there" too, when he was poorly, it can't be nice on such a tender area, but they did go away with treatment.
:hug:

Oh no! Poor thing! Hopefully it’s mites and it’s easily treatable!

When I put Christian back in the hutch tonight, his bum felt funny in my hand. I looked at it and it is half bald and there is a bit of blood there too. I think he has mites and the blood is from where he has been scratching, he has an appointment at the vets tomorrow at 10.45.

Honestly what with Betsy and her emergency spay at the start of Lockdown, Meg with her weight loss/teeth problem in the middle of Lockdown, Patsy and her weight loss, UTI and the massive stone she passed, Dennis with his URI and now Christian I might as well set up a bed in the waiting area at the vets!

BIG HUGS

I am really sorry that your string of problems is coinciding with the worst time possible. Fingers firmly crossed for Christian!

BIG HUGS

I am really sorry that your string of problems is coinciding with the worst time possible. Fingers firmly crossed for Christian!
I feel like crying I really do except it won't do anything but make me feel a bit better. My bank balance is feeling very poorly!

I'm sorry to hear Christian isn't tip-top, here's hoping it's a simple fix 🤞.

EDIT: also, please absolutely have a cry and get some of that frustration and worry moved from inside you to out in the world :hug:

I feel like crying I really do except it won't do anything but make me feel a bit better. My bank balance is feeling very poorly!

HUGS

I know the feeling. :(

Have a sit on the floor and have your cry; then get up and get on with it. Things will get better again at some point. Even your bank balance...
Mine is currently still in recovery.

Perhaps the vet will give you a group discount or frequent customer discount?

Hope all your piggies (and you as well!) get back to feeling well soon!

I'm so sorry you and your piggies are having a hard time.ive two poorly piggies,pneumonia,bloat,uti,both needing 2 hourly syringe feeds,but it does get better eventually.vets this week for these two.Hugs to you.it is emotionally draining.xx

I'm so sorry you and your piggies are having a hard time.ive two poorly piggies,pneumonia,bloat,uti,both needing 2 hourly syringe feeds,but it does get better eventually.vets this week for these two.Hugs to you.it is emotionally draining.xx
It certainly is! Hugs to you too Eileen :hug:

Oh no.... sorry to hear this.. what a run of bad luck.. all the best to all the piggies xx

So sorry that Christian has joined the poorly party. Hopefully things will start to get better soon. Sending you a big virtual hug and healing wheeks from the piggies.xx

Back