• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I Sometimes Wonder Why We Get Pets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abbie

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Because they are amazing and we love them of course. And I wouldn't change them for anything.

But I'm really struggling tonight after two of our bunnies passing away yesterday. Why do we put ourselves through such pain? :(

It breaks your heart when they pass and tonight it really hit me and I just broke down in tears.

I was so worried about my sister yesterday that I wasn't really able to take in whats happened.

Looking after the remaining bunnies is killing me and I just feel so lost. My little Acorn is so lost without her sister. They were an amazing pair and it just doesn't feel the same anymore.

I guess we just need to try and adjust and all keep eachother happy.

Losing a little one is just awful and the only downside to having pets. Poor Acorn. Is it possible she could bond with one of your other bunnies? I am so very sorry for your pain. It has only just happened and you need to allow yourself time to accept the sad news.

Losing a little one is just awful and the only downside to having pets. Poor Acorn. Is it possible she could bond with one of your other bunnies? I am so very sorry for your pain. It has only just happened and you need to allow yourself time to accept the sad news.

We have another female, Toffee, who is also alone now after her bunny husband passed yesterday too. But I understand sometimes two females can be difficult to bond.

Do you personally think it would be worth trying it out?

If they have both been spayed then I would try and bond them. I think there is no harm in trying.

They aren't spayed yet. But we are planning on it. We are just trying to find a trusting vet.

Thankyou for that information, I will have a read through now!

It's a horrible feeling loosing a pet, but we have to think of the good times we had with them x

Is that Acorn? She is beautiful. She looks pretty relaxed now. I would try to bond them personally, it would be easier for you. @piggyfan gave youa good link. You can also ask for help on the excellent Rabbits United forum.

Is that Acorn? She is beautiful. She looks pretty relaxed now. I would try to bond them personally, it would be easier for you. @piggyfan gave youa good link. You can also ask for help on the excellent Rabbits United forum.

That's my little acorn!

We do want to try and bond the two females. We just still need them neautured and we are trying to find a trusting vet. I tried asking on the rabbit forum, but it didn't really help much :(

:(
I'm sorry you didn't get much help.
I know that Churchcroft vets in Beeston are very used to rabbit spaying but that's quite far from you :( Are they side by side, are they getting on through the bars? She looks so sweet lying there. Like a little wildie :wub:

I've never been through spaying before, so it's very worrying and the right vet is needed :(

They are in completely different rooms, Acorn is in mine and Toffee is in my sisters. Bringing them indoors was a very fast decision so we dont physically have room for them to be next to each other! I know it's not the best, but we are trying :(

Yes, you get a very nice warm feeling of satisfaction when animals are nicely bedded down, lots of lovely hay, clean and cosy. I love to just watch my ponies eating their hay all tucked up in their stables. It makes the 5am starts and the freezing cold all worth it :wub: the same goes for the piggies, its lovely to see them popcorning in a clean cage or wheeking for their veggies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back