I Think Pippin Has Bitten Gladys....

Status
Not open for further replies.

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
When I got Gladys out earlier to give her the spray for her ear, I noticed that she had a tiny bit of dry blood on it and it looked liked she had been nibbled or bitten :no:..... They are outside and I have not witnessed any fighting ... Gladys is usually the one rumbling at Pippin... Should I be worried? The cut is very very tiny...

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
How are they acting together now?
they seem ok, hard to say without sitting outside watching them.. fed them some veggies earlier and used both bowls incase they were falling out over food... Sometimes they do snatch off each other, but they both do that !

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just keep a close eye on them. It may have just been an accident... They are not flying at each other so that is a good sign. Good idea to have two bowls

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I have always had two bowls, one upstairs and one down... I will keep an eye on them, hard with them being outside but the oh won't let them move inside fully until winter :( had them in for the weekend just gone and it was lovely.. they are defo not going for each other and i do check them regular in-between the kids and dinner and bath time etc etc ! i am hoping it was an accident....

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
It can just be an accidental swipe with a back foot that was slightly misjudged. It can happen; it has certainly happened with my girls. If the two are still OK with each other I would not worry.

Please disinfect the wound either with hibiscrub or sterile saline from the pharmacy. You can make your own saline solution by mixing 1 teaspoon of salt with 1 pint/500 ml of boiled cooled water.

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
It can just be an accidental swipe with a back foot that was slightly misjudged. It can happen; it has certainly happened with my girls. If the two are still OK with each other I would not worry.

Please disinfect the wound either with hibiscrub or sterile saline from the pharmacy. You can make your own saline solution by mixing 1 teaspoon of salt with 1 pint/500 ml of boiled cooled water.
Thanks, I was careful tonight applying the Mycozole Anti fungal spray to her ear as i didn't want it to sting or anything. I will get some saline in the morning - it was very very tiny, only just noticed it, they do climb over each other a lot !

TheAurora

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Could she just have scratched her own ear and caught it with a nail?

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Could she just have scratched her own ear and caught it with a nail?
I think maybe that has whats happened as it doesnt look like a bite.. just a scratch.. very very tiny too...

Status
Not open for further replies.