• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

I think Robin is dying. I hope I’m wrong. I’d like your thoughts.

retro

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey all. Before I say anything, please don’t judge me. I’m doing the very best I can. Please keep that in mind. There are a lot of tears right now.

Robin has lost a lot of weight. he weighs 770g now. He still has his pus filled cyst. (It shrunk a little, I’m scared it might have internally popped....if thats possible...)

He isn’t drinking as much but if I present him with food, he will eat it. He lays in his house all day and isn’t as spry as he used to be, even though he’s merely 2 years old or so. If I take him out, he doesn’t fuss anymore. He lays with me without moving or any issue with being fussy. I actually fell asleep with him laying next to me. He never moved. Though he will try to bite me, he’s always been one. So that makes me happy, in a weird way, where he might be weak but he’s strong enough to chomp. My lil guy. His poop has been weird. My heart sank when I saw he had a dangling thread of poops strung together. That was yesterday. Today, when he pooped, it was rasin like. Is this a sign of improvement? I don’t know.

I can’t do much about it. I...got a part time job. Today was my 3rd day. It’s low pay but...Just so I can take care of him and my other rescues. I’m afraid I won’t get paid fast enough. I’ve mulled over a go fund me or something so I can take him to the vet but I’m not one for begging and it would feel very weird. Idk if anyone would help. I just keep crying because I’ve done everything I can and I can’t fix him. I hope it’s just dehydration or something...all I can do is take care of him. Give him love. Hold him. Tell him how much I love him. Say goodbye. I’ve already made plans when he passes. If he does. I am tearing up thinking of it right now. So I’m just gonna post this and hope for some advice. The vet isn’t an option right now. And that sucks. I’m working with the previous owners of Robin to find a rescue or someone to take him and get him the help he needs.

Here is a picture of him with his cage mate, Ziggy.

Oh god what am I gonna do with Ziggy...it’s gonna break his heart.

Attachments

Siikibam

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I would say start syringe feeding. If his poops are watery then it may be an idea to take him off veg for now.

(Fresh) poo (from his cage mate) soup is another thing you could feed him.

How much did he weigh previously and how much has he lost and over what period of time?

Is there any way you could borrow money from a friend, family or parents? He really should be seen by a vet.

retro

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I would say start syringe feeding. If his poops are watery then it may be an idea to take him off veg for now.

(Fresh) poo (from his cage mate) soup is another thing you could feed him.

How much did he weigh previously and how much has he lost and over what period of time?

Is there any way you could borrow money from a friend, family or parents? He really should be seen by a vet.
Its not runny or anything. He has lost over 10g within 24 hours. His weight is abnormal for him...and no...I’m alone in this...