• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I think there may be trouble ahead.....

Piggiewheekwheek

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I think I might have to seperate 2 of my boys..peanut and cheese:(
I went to see them this morning and they were chattering their teeth and squeaking at each other,peanut has a small cut next to his eye.
Cheese doesn't seem to have any injuries but he has thick long fur to protect him.
There is no fur in the cage.
I don't know if I should wait and see if they settle their differences or seperate them now before it is too late and they have a proper scrap.
Help....

How old are they now?
Did things look quite serious? Chattering can be mild or loud meaning they are really quite annoyed.
How have they been since?

If things get tense, then you can do a temporary separation to let things calm down, reintroduce on neutral territory and see what happens, it’ll become clear quite quickly upon reintroduction if there really is a problem.

Hi! How old are they? Do you have two exits on the hidies so they don’t feel cornered? There are amazing guides that you can find and have a read of! Hope everything is fine and they can sort it out! :)

How old are they now?
Did things look quite serious? Chattering can be mild or loud meaning they are really quite annoyed.
How have they been since?

If things get tense, then you can do a temporary separation to let things calm down, reintroduce on neutral territory and see what happens, it’ll become clear quite quickly upon reintroduction if there really is a problem.
Hi peanut is nearly 2 and cheese is about 6 months.
I think maybe cheese is challenging peanut for alpha status,they seem ok atm but the chattering was pretty loud before they were definitely annoyed with each other.
I can seperate the cage into two if I need to,if things get worse.

I had to seperate them yesterday :(
They had a full on scrap and peanut came of worse.
Now I feel bad for peanut because they are both now on their own.
Do I risk getting another piggie for peanut?
I don't know what to do.

That is a shame.

Of course whether you get another piggy is your decision, They won’t be lonely in the short term as I know you have other piggies in the shed with them, but being bonded with another piggy would ensure long term happiness

Back