I think Yuffie (hamster) has a tumor...

I hope everything goes ok tomorrow, I am so sorry for poor little Yuffee, life can be so unfair at times can’t it :hug:

Hey everyone. Yuffie is finally resting peacefully. The vet agreed that with the state of her tumors, she had advancing cancer and her quality of life would be declining daily. I feel like we did the best thing by sparing another week or two of progressively large and growing tumors. While we were signing all the paperwork, she actually slept in my daughter's hand, even though she has been so restless all the time the past few days. I feel like she was telling us that she was ready to go. Thanks so much for all your support over the past month, it means a lot. A lot of people don't understand when you're an adult upset about the illness/death of a hamster, but that's never a problem here, and I really appreciate it.

Sleep tight sweet Yuffie.
All our pets are precious regardless of species. Small in stature but big in personality. I’ve cried buckets over hamsters, too, so understand exactly how you feel. Hugs to you & your daughter x

Sorry that you had to make this decision for Yuffie.
Hamsters can occupy a huge place in our hearts.
Be gentle with yourself as you grieve.

I'm so sorry for your loss, hamsters are such little characters. How nice that she let you know it was time while at the vets. Never an easy decision at all especially when acting so well in themselves. I was an absolute mess when I lost my last little one, Orsa. It's no easier just because they're small, you still bond with them!

Sleep tight sweet Yuffie.
All our pets are precious regardless of species. Small in stature but big in personality. I’ve cried buckets over hamsters, too, so understand exactly how you feel. Hugs to you & your daughter x
That's so true. We have cried SO much over the past couple days. They may be little guys but they can take a big piece of your heart.

I'm so sorry for your loss, hamsters are such little characters. How nice that she let you know it was time while at the vets. Never an easy decision at all especially when acting so well in themselves. I was an absolute mess when I lost my last little one, Orsa. It's no easier just because they're small, you still bond with them!
Thanks so much. In the last couple of days she had been beginning to show some behavior changes, like sitting in the corner that wasn't her sleeping corner for long periods of time, that made us think that she might be starting to be uncomfortable. I really hope we hit the sweet spot where she got all of her happy days and very few of her unhappy days before we let her go.

Sending hugs to you and your daughter be kind to yourselves as you grieve. Sleep well Yuffie have fun over the rainbow bridge and remember how loved you are 🌈🌈🌈

So sorry about little Yuffie, sending hugs to you and your daughter. She will have known just how much you loved her :hug:

Back