• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Ideas For Cage Interior?

funkadelicfred

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have a decent sized cage for my pig but it's pretty bare right now. It just has a big plastic igloo and a small chew log in it and that's about it. What else could I put in there?

Cardboard boxes are great! The Guinea pigs love them and they’re cheap. You could get some small cat beds too, I mostly get them rather than guinea pig beds because there’s more variety and they’re usually cheaper too. Look around your house and you’ll probably find something to put in their cage.

Cardboard boxes are great! The Guinea pigs love them and they’re cheap. You could get some small cat beds too, I mostly get them rather than guinea pig beds because there’s more variety and they’re usually cheaper too. Look around your house and you’ll probably find something to put in their cage.

Cat beds are pretty big no? What about those little crinkle sack things I see at the pet store have you ever used them?

How big is your cage?

You can add soft fleece beds, tunnels, pouches, cardboard boxes, a fleece forest, hay trays and much more. If you search online for guinea pig beds, loads of ideas come up :)

Cat beds are pretty big no? What about those little crinkle sack things I see at the pet store have you ever used them?
Some of them are quite big but you can get smaller ones. There’s two “cat” beds in my guinea pigs cage just now but I have more. The strawberry one is a favourite of my guinea pigs and was less then £5. I have a felt forest that I made from a spare grid and a cut up old blanket.
I’d never heard of the crinkle sacks but they look really good! I might have to buy one now:xd:

60F9D37D-169B-49B0-BBEF-3C4E7E9B5AD7.jpeg

How big is your cage?

You can add soft fleece beds, tunnels, pouches, cardboard boxes, a fleece forest, hay trays and much more. If you search online for guinea pig beds, loads of ideas come up :)
Some of them are quite big but you can get smaller ones. There’s two “cat” beds in my guinea pigs cage just now but I have more. The strawberry one is a favourite of my guinea pigs and was less then £5. I have a felt forest that I made from a spare grid and a cut up old blanket.
I’d never heard of the crinkle sacks but they look really good! I might have to buy one now:xd:

View attachment 72433

Wow that's some setup you got there my pig would be jealous as hell. Is that their 24 7 home?

Wow that's some setup you got there my pig would be jealous as hell. Is that their 24 7 home?
Yes although there’s not usually a divder between them but Peaches has her babies. I like to spoil my piggies as much as possible lol!

This shows some of the stuff in my piggies cages. A lot of it I made myself but same came from eBay. I haven't got round to adding the fleece forests yet as I wanted to buy matching fleece. It's all washable which is a must as piggies like to pee on their beds!

WP_20170912_19_15_03_Pro.jpg

WP_20170915_12_33_34_Pro.jpg

WP_20170915_19_39_50_Pro.jpg

This shows some of the stuff in my piggies cages. A lot of it I made myself but same came from eBay. I haven't got round to adding the fleece forests yet as I wanted to buy matching fleece. It's all washable which is a must as piggies like to pee on their beds!

View attachment 72443

View attachment 72444

View attachment 72445
These are such awesome setups it makes mine look like crap but I do what I can. That pig staring at me in the picture is cute as hell by the way.

I have a decent sized cage for my pig but it's pretty bare right now. It just has a big plastic igloo and a small chew log in it and that's about it. What else could I put in there?
Cardboard tubes stuffed with hay they seem to love, kitchen roll tubes are good.

I have a litter tray I fill with hay they love rummaging round in it

Back