ideas needed please

Rachels piggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello. I have inherited this cage and 2 beautiful long haired girl piggies. How can I improve their habitat. I don't like the igloos and I just can't think how I could improve their space. Sadly they r not litter trained (like my 2 baby piggies which r in a different wooden set up with mezzanine). The cage is 100 cm x 100 cm. Is their scope for improvements/better use of the space? Ideas to replace those awful plastic igloos? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Piggies&buns

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The bendy wooden logs are great. They can chew on them as well as hide under them and being open ended is also helpful so that one piggie doesn’t ever get cornered by the other.

Rachels piggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Do piggies actually sleep on a bed? IIa thinking of a small fleece cushion type thing. My experience of piggies is that they hide away but I quite like the idea of beds (if they'd get used!) Thank u guys for your replies x

gingy pig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Do piggies actually sleep on a bed? IIa thinking of a small fleece cushion type thing. My experience of piggies is that they hide away but I quite like the idea of beds (if they'd get used!) Thank you guys for your replies x
yes! i was dubious at first but they love them. pets at home had the small pet beds on offer yesterday-end of summer sale-£5 each or 3 for 2. they were £15 each so a good buy.

flowerfairy

Forum Donator 2017/18
Reaction score
Mine have ikea dolls beds and they love them. They sleep underneath them.