• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

If You've Ever Had An Ill Guinea Pig - Please Spare A Moment For This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pebble

Banned
Reaction score
Posted elsewhere on the forum - but it is of direct relevance to those of us who inhabit the H & I board so I am cross-posting

https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/candle-lighting-ceremony-for-peter-gurney.124817/

Peter Gurney was the person who first put guinea pig health and treatment on the map.
As piggie slaves - we owe this guy an awful lot for his pioneering approach...without which we would not have our incredible H & I Board and cavy savvy vets across the country that we have today.

If you have beneiftted from this forum/board - then please light a candle in his memory and register on the thread above

x

Last edited:
Posted elsewhere on the forum - but it is of direct relevance to those of us who inhabit the H & I board so I am coross-posting

https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/candle-lighting-ceremony-for-peter-gurney.124817/

Peter Gurney was the person who first put guinea pig health and treatment on the map.
As piggie slaves - we owe this guy an awful lot for his pioneering approach...without which we would not have our incredible H & I Board and cavy savvy vets across the country that we have today.

x
I have his guinea pig health guide website bookmarked in my faves. So thankful that people still keep that site going. I have also watched videos of this lovely man and his passion for piggies. You are right, without his groundbreaking work and inspiring other vets to follow my problem child Peanut Butter might not be with us today.

Thanks for the info- will do!

I knew Peter & he taught me a lot about guinea pig care. I took some of my pigs to him when the vets were clueless back in those days. He basically battled to get vet care improved & it was very frustrating when no-one would listen, but he never gave in or gave up. He also used to take some of his guineas on the train to Great Ormond street hospital every week for the children to meet. He was one of a kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back