• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I'm back lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Blimey well its been months - we have moved and just about settled in - the piggies have been dispersed about the house for the time being - Snickers and a very hairy Darwin are downstairs, Bugsy and Cadbury are in the pigsty otherwise known as Cia's bedroom.

Outdoor hutches are being made to order as we speak as my landlord has said they have to go outside but he is making allowances at the moment due to the weather and the fact that even with them in the house they are not making any mess or causing any damage.

I just wondered if anyone else has come across this certain lil behaviour...

I was away for a couple of days over Christmas - we left late Christmas Eve but we were back by late afternoon Christmas Sunday. I arranged with my best friend to come in and make sure they were ok and feed the boys and knowing her partner has a very soft spot for my lads I knew they were in for some serious cuddles and spoiling whilst I wasn't looking lol.

When we got back I noticed Snickers wasn't himself, sat in house all the time, not eating unless he was hand fed and being generally stroppy and I thought Oh heck he is poorly again and was keeping a close eye on him. This went on for a couple of days. I put Pro-C in their water to buck him up a bit and then I noticed when I picked him up that he had lost weight so I made him up his own plate of veggies and had him on my knee - well you've never seen anything like it! They didn't touch the sides and he was chatting and wheeking away, climbing all over me and giving me guinea kisses...miraculous recovery!

I have come to the conclusion that my lil guy was sulking because I went away and left him so he was giving me the cold shoulder treatment for a couple of days...has anyone else had their piggies do this?

Hi and welcome back!

Some piggies react strongly to the absence of their human slave and a change in circumstances.

I am sure that Telyn's gut stasis last December was no accident and caused from stress when we found her looking very off after a weekend/night away. They had been fed by a neighbour with their normal food which I had left prepared and ready to feed in the fridge for her. Thankfully, she's made a quick and complete recovery.

Glad it's not just me then!

...and I am sort of glad that he did in a way - I have bonded to him more than the other three - I love them all but he is my very special boy :)

Yay! Welcome back. I was wondering what had happened to you :).
And my god Archie's hair has grown too! :))
Bless little Snickers missing mummy, mine have been a bit cold towards me when I've left them before, and Archie isn't best impressed with me at the moment since I had to hold him while a vet was poking needles into his man parts the other day :(.

I'm glad to hear you're all well. I need some more piccies of your little boys :)

We had a hard time with the move - first the house was sold - then the buyer dropped out, then we sold it again but I struggled to find somewhere for us to move to as I had had to let the house we were going to move into go - we finally moved on November 5th.

I am not sure if I have mentioned this before but my son has special needs and in October it was finally decided that he was no longer suitable for mainstream school and he is has been in a special unit for the last couple of months until we could get a place for him at an EBD (emotional, behavioural and development) school - places are very hard to come by but we were very lucky to get him into a school in Cheltenham and it was his first day back at school today.

Then to cap it all off my iPhone went nuts and wiped every single one of my contacts so I lost your number Shellza and since we had no internet access I couldn't let anyone know what was going on lol!

If you still have my number, could you drop me a text with your number please? :)

Got it thanks - just sent you a PM

Did you read the thread about hay bales? There is a petshop near where I live now that is quite reasonable for stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back