• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I'm Getting 3 New Guineapigs Today! :d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm soooo excited!
I'm getting three new guineapigs today!
I've been wanting a new hutch for a while & put an add onto preloved asking if anyone had one, well completely forgot that I had the advert up. A guy contacted me through pre loved saying he had a three tired hutch that he didn't want anymore & that I could have for free!
He sent me some pictures of it and it's a really nice, decent hutch! Looked to be in great condition and had to be at least £200 worth.
Thinking their had to be a catch I asked him why it was free.
Well turns out that it came with three guineapigs!
2 girls both aged 2 and a half & 1 male about a year old.
Apparently he works away a lot and simply dosnt have the time to look after them.
Because i'm a complete sucker I couldn't turn the offer down :p

So this morning he's coming with the cage & the guineapigs!
I'll post some pictures onto this thread once they arrive :D

Hope all goes well. Please feel free to ask if you have any concerns about your new arrivals. They may not be in best condition if he hasn't had time for them.

Hope all goes well. Very exciting. I hope the piggies are well and look forward to seeing pics x

So!
Here they are. :love::love:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Their abit skitty & very, very fat! :td:
I don't think they have been very well handled or got out much (if ever) but they are gorgeous none less. :wub:
The boy is the grey coloured one.

image.jpg

But as you can see their nails are in horrendous condition! I mean what the hell :hb::cen:

image.jpg

They are gorgeous, but them claws! I don't think I've seen anything like it. Be sure to nip it in the bud XD

Oh gosh those claws!
But they'll have a new lease of life with you. He really didn't have the time did he?! But at least he recognised the fact and gave them to someone who will care for them properly.
They're beautiful :) Is the male neutered or do they live on different tiers?

Just put the girls in the run on the garden with Bailey & Maggie just to see if they'd get on.
Bailey & Maggie ran straight over to them as If to go "Muuummm" :love:
I was so surprised they didn't try to fight & how easily they got on! I'm wondering if it's because their babies?
The girls started sniffing Maggie & Bailey and one even started grooming them!
Now their all running around together! :love::love:
I've been sat watching them for ages.. It's so nice to watch.

I also put the grey guinea pig in with my rabbit Teddy & Teddy's just been sat grooming him for ages.

At least I can now put them in the run together during the day :love:

Soooo, all I need now is names, anyone got any suggestions? :p

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Oh my the nails, that's horrific! So pleased they've now got a good home! They're beautiful!

They are so beautiful! Kudos to the man as well in realising his own limitations in looking after and finding a home for them. Although leaving their nails to such an extend.

Wow, those nails were incredibly long. I'm sure they can't believe their luck landing such a good home with you. They look gorgeous.

Lovely photos :) It's great that all of the sows are now one happy herd :) I bet your two new ones can't believe their luck! They hit the jackpot I recon!

It's sweet about your bunny's reaction to the boar, and I bet he's enjoying the company too, but I recommend being a bit careful there, as rabbits can accidently hurt guinea pigs through kicking when they bound about. It's often not done on purpose, but a startled bunny can leap and kick a hapless piggy in the process. It's one of those things where official guidelines recommend not letting the two species share living or exercise space now, but still, it IS sweet that they get on.

Aw and your little black and white Abby looks so much like Cloud, one of mine....... x I could smooch her!

It was just soo cute!
I love seeing animals all happy

I'll keep an eye on him, if he dose too much jumping about I'll take the guinea pig out, but at the moment he just keeps sniffing him and nibbling at the grass.
He won't be living with the rabbit, just thought it might be nice for him to have some company on the garden :p

Lovely photos :) It's great that all of the sows are now one happy herd :) I bet your two new ones can't believe their luck! They hit the jackpot I recon!

It's sweet about your bunny's reaction to the boar, and I bet he's enjoying the company too, but I recommend being a bit careful there, as rabbits can accidently hurt guinea pigs through kicking when they bound about. It's often not done on purpose, but a startled bunny can leap and kick a hapless piggy in the process. It's one of those things where official guidelines recommend not letting the two species share living or exercise space now, but still, it IS sweet that they get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back