• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I'm in pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beautifulmess

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I got two pigs last weekend who had bonded well and one week with me and now theres blood so I've had to split them up.

Zambi's mouth is bleeding and I haven't been able to check Mali's body yet as he's very shy. I've only 1 cage, and I put Zambi back in it, Mali is in the run and I don't know wht to do. Paul said once theirs blood, the pigs can't be reintroduced and I'm too scared and inexperienced to introduce him to my other pigs.

what can I do, Mali can't live in the run...8... I don't want to more pigs living on their own, I'm afraid Africa is too unwell to accept a pig friend, espcially since Mali is really finding it hard right now, rumbling and chattering at everything, causing problems between my already ok baby pigs.

He's biting the bars atm trying to get to corly and corly is biting his bars trying to get to Mali, is that good sign or just a sign of them wanting to check each other out?

Quick responses will help

once blood is drawn its always adviced to split them up..

regarding cory and the other one biting the bars its poss they do want to dominate each other but maybe try them together ans if there is any chattering just split them before fighting does happen x

I'll need to set up a new site as Mali has been in that run for about an hour now. I don't have any shelters for them, just a two ended long tunnel. Corly really hates other pigs, I guess I could always try, but wouldn't it be the same because Mali is going through his difficult stage?

Paul said when I rang him up today, once theirs blood, do not reintroduce and deffo seperate.

If you have just a scratch that has happened in a scuffle, you can try again, but not after bloody bites.

Personally, I would leave Mali to calm down; he sounds pretty upset. Any intros will only end up in more mayhem right now.

Could you contact Clairelove whether she has cages left after she's closed down her rescue? She's in Stoke-on-Trent and has plenty of experience with boars.

I actually found her on preloved lol looking for a cage so messaged her on here, just waiting for a reply as I'll need one by tomorrow really and we're in Stoke both in the morning and evening.

Oh I won't, I know that if he's going through his adult change he's going to be all hormonal and another pig isn't going to have any different effect on him. Ermm well he was bleeding inside his mouth, all over his teeth, mali was fine.

sorry to hear that :( i had exactly the same problem this week... the piggy that bit the other one had to spend the night in a carrier.
it is absolutely awful, i felt really guilty for not taking the meanie out before the bites happened :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back