• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I'm sad but i should be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billies Mum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I'm getting ready to welcome my new baby piggy tomorrow evening. He is called Jasper.
Ive been excited for wheeks!

Today I thoroughly cleaned Billies old cage and filled it with fresh hay. When I had finished it looked so empty and all those feelings from the July day Billie died came back. The empty cage, the sadness.

Then i went to the storage locker and got the box of gp stuff out that i had put there to get it out of sight.
Unpacking all the bowls and cuddle cups is making me so upset. Even though they are for Jasper now.

I know I'm being silly but i cant help it :'( :'(

It is only natural to feel like this, so many memories of Billy, but lucky little Jasper coming to such a loving new home :)

I understand completely.

For me what was terrible was cleaning Dr's syringe and recovery food after I heard he had gone to be an angel.

Big hugs xx

I understand completely too

I went through the same thing when i went through munchys stuff

Thinking of you

I'm totally the same. Billy will always be in your heart and thoughts. I'm sure Jasper will be so happy in his new home.
:)

feel for you and understand the sadness you feel. However I know the happyness you have waiting for you in the shape of a baby pig, there is nothing really quite lke one... they are so full of joy and fun. I hope he will bring you happiness and healing. Is there a special reason you are getting a single pig? A pair would be so much happier and very little extra work.

anyway... looking forwards to hearing all about Jasper when he arrives

it does'nt take much to set me off crying I just did it when I read about poor princess, I was bawling my eyes out hubby looked in at me and I said pig stuff uh he says hes so use to me in tears lol its ahrd and they leave such bitter sweet memorys behind hopefully Jasper will ease your sadness a little

Barmy4boars said:
feel for you and understand the sadness you feel. However I know the happyness you have waiting for you in the shape of a baby pig, there is nothing really quite lke one... they are so full of joy and fun. I hope he will bring you happiness and healing. Is there a special reason you are getting a single pig? A pair would be so much happier and very little extra work.

anyway... looking forwards to hearing all about Jasper when he arrives

The reason for the single pig is that my indoor cage is not deemed big enough for two. The cage has a special place in the kitchen, it fits quite snuggly and there is nowhere else to put a cage in my tiny London flat. Id rather take on a rescue pig and give him a good life than have it sit empty. I'm looking at having a 2nd storey built as the cage has plenty of height so a girlfriend for a neutered Jasper could be a reality. However Ive just heard that due to exceptional circumstances, there is a ? over whether I can have him at all :(
So I put myself through all of that upset yesterday for nothing it would seem.
I'm trying to be positive though in the hope that things will work out.

awwww Billies mum - It doesnt matter how long ago you loose one of your piggies, its still upsetting and it understandable you're upset :'( I have my girls now, but if I look at pictures of Penny, my first ever piggie, I cry still :'(

I REALLY hope everything works out for you and you have little Jasper come to stay with you :)

/hugs

Trace x

Thanks

The next few days will be key. I'm trying everything that i can to make it happen.

No! :'(

Ive been looking at an empty cage all week!

Ive emailed the person that is my liaison with the family that have him but Ive heard nothing back yet. Its hard for her too as I'm hassling her to sort it out and the family is being difficult to her, so she's getting it in both ears.

A definite "yes" or "no" is all I need

I feel like my life is on hold

I darent make any evening plans just in case I need to settle him in

What a shame! Dragging on isn't. He'll be a grown up by the time you get him!

He is SOOOO cute

The fact that Ive named him and had regular updates since his birth makes it worse

I first saw a pic when he was an hour old! I reserved him there and then.....

You've bondedthen! I saw my Cubby an hour after he was born and now hes 4 weeks yesterday and HUGE!! he's never been tiny! he's a rex and a terror...........! But incredibly gorgeous with the biggest brown eyes I've ever seen on a piggy. (I cant do photos - sorry!) One look from him and I forgive him everytime........

Here he is:

rescuepig_13.jpg

I've just re-read your post - you haven't met him yet then? Just seen piccys? I thought you'd met him. How old is he now then? Cubby was 1 hour old when I first held him - he adores a snuggle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back