• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Important Information about Health and Illness Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
When posting messages on the "Health and Illness" board, this is for only advice on non-urgent matters. If you are worried about your guinea pigs health the most important information that we can give you is to visit your vet as soon as possible.
The admin, forum staff and members of this forum are not professional vets or rodentologists and are only here to give you the best advice that they know of. The Guinea Pig Forum admin, staff and members are not responsible for any of the information given out on this board. Take any information at your own risk. The admin and staff of the forum will try to ensure that the information given out on this forum is as accurate as possible.

If you believe that somebody has given out incorrect advice, please either report this to the admin or post a reply stating the information that you believe is to be incorrect.

I realise this isn't the place to post this, but I read someone that i'm only allowed one topic per guinea pig and if a new problem arrises that I must post in that guinea pig's old topic. I've noticed some people have actually posted several topics for one guinea pig, I think this has resulted in my topic being 'excussed' because of the number of replies. Have I misread/misunderstood?

Hi

You can have more than one post per pig but if it's an ongoing health problem, rather than start a new topic with each vet visit or change in condition, it's better to keep one thread going so the history is there. Otherwise people post the same thing sometimes in more than one place and it gets very confusing.

You could post a thread about a guinea pig's illness on the Health and Illness board, some pics of them in the Photo Gallery and a question about their breeds on the breed board - that's fine!

Welcome to the forum. I expcet a mod will move this somewhere else!

Sophie
x

mouth problems

hello i have a 7year old guinea pig and i hae just noticed that his front tooth has snapped off and his other one hasn't and imbertween his top lips are very red. i have just heard you shouldn't breed old guinea pigs but we did obviously by accident i want him to go on for a bit longer should i make a cabbage smoothy for him?he can't eat and is struggling to drink otherwise he's happy as larry running around as a free range guinea pig! thanks philippa

ps i only won't peoples opinions and advice i will try anything!-cx>>x>>

hello i have a 7year old guinea pig and i hae just noticed that his front tooth has snapped off and his other one hasn't and imbertween his top lips are very red. i have just heard you shouldn't breed old guinea pigs but we did obviously by accident i want him to go on for a bit longer should i make a cabbage smoothy for him?he can't eat and is struggling to drink otherwise he's happy as larry running around as a free range guinea pig! thanks philippa

ps i only won't peoples opinions and advice i will try anything!-cx>>x>>

Hi

Sorry about giving you the runabout - but you need to start your own thread in the health section. This is an information thread and not there for your topic. thanks!

Hi I have a problem and I don't know what to do.Last Thursday I took my two female guinea pigs to see vet,because I noticed that one of them have mites,so the vet checked both of them and gave treatment and also I mentioned to him that the same guinea pig that had mites started sneezing,not always but basically when she's in hands,so he gave me antibiotics which I had to give her the same day(but I didn't gave her till today) so I started the course now for 10 days,and vet said that I have to give antibiotics for the second guinea pig as well,but she's absolutely fine!

See post #5 and start a fresh topic in the health section. Many thanks. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back