• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Improving A Commercial Cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MollysPigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My two boars currently live in an 140cm store-bought cage. It is above the minimum cage size, but I don't feel like there's much room for playing and running about with all their stuff in there. Since we've cleared out our spare room there's plenty of room for a big new cage. I'm thinking of adding a large C&C cage around it, and leaving the cage door permanently open. If anyone has any recommendations or advice for me that would be great. Thanks :) x

The cage could be used as their kitchen/sleeping area.You could even put a fleece over the topic the cage to give them cover.Fill it with hay and use fleece in the added bit and they may do majority of peas in the cage.

The cage could be used as their kitchen/sleeping area.You could even put a fleece over the topic the cage to give them cover.Fill it with hay and use fleece in the added bit and they may do majority of peas in the cage.
That sounds like a good idea. That would also keep all their hay in one tidy spot and keep their fleeces cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back