Impulsive adoption

Roclibrarian

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I've just taken a rash decision to take in 2 girls from a random bloke on the "next door" app! Usual story kids lost interest, he's not got time for them. He's bringing them round tomorrow night in a pets at home cage which I'm guessing is way too small.
I explained that I was going to try introducing them to my Luna and he's agreed to take them back if they don't get on. I'm "fostering" them for a week. He's got 4 more people interested so they will still get a home if it doesn't work out.
They are 18 months old, and are going to have 5 days to settle in before introducing them to Luna on Saturday when I'm off work.
I've never introduced pigs before so am a bit nervous. I'll re-read all the info on here beforehand.
I'm sure I'll be on here asking many questions for the next week or so!

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
All the best!

Keep them next to each other so they can meet through the bars. it will help with settling in sooner and give them time to get to know each other before you introduce properly. give them at lest 48 hours to settle in and get their bearings.

Under the circumstances you will have to waive a quarantine and treat Luna as well if there are problems.

PS: if they are lying across the grids from each other, they don't want to be together as most people mistakenly think. Instead they marking the border between their respective territories in a protective dominance gesture.