• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

In male & female groups, who leads the group, male or female? Or could it be either?

Shelley anne

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
With bonding my two girls with Trevor, a de-sexed male, I am wondering if one of the girls are going to be the dominant one. It looks like Trevor is the submissive one at times. i am having a hard time working it out.
Lola is allowing Trevor to groom her under her eye. Good sign and I think he has her under his thumb. I think Lola likes him.
Trevor chases Bindy and then Bindy screams at him, leave me alone, I think ,she is saying and he rumble struts, but walks away like he is being submissive and giving her space like she tells him to. when he walks away is this him being submissive? I also see them resting and eating together so i have no concerns at this stage. I am just trying to work out whats happening.

Who normally takes the lead/ is top piggie in a group mix, is it male or female? I always assumed it was male

Who is dominant all comes down to character, in my main herd of 6 little neutered boar Theo is definitely submissive to all 5 of his bossy ladies!
Wow it’s amazing all 6 have bonded! I’m having trouble bonding my girl group of 4 with a neutered male at the moment

Thanks guys for the great response. So it seems it could be either female or male could be top piggie. I was wondering this because I think my new guy Trevor is going to be Whipped by his women!

Today I have seen both female give him a nose bash and several times I have seen him screamed at by his girls and him rumble strutting off, in a different direction. I actually think he is rumble strutting his stuff to make it look as though hes still the man but I see him doing what hes told too. Go girls!

Despite this I still feel they like him, especially lola who last night when i let them out, ran around the room with him for an hour. I think she enjoyed having someone who had lots of energy like her to keep her company while she was running around and getting into things.

Thanks guys for the great response. So it seems it could be either female or male could be top piggie. I was wondering this because I think my new guy Trevor is going to be Whipped by his women!

Today I have seen both female give him a nose bash and several times I have seen him screamed at by his girls and him rumble strutting off, in a different direction. I actually think he is rumble strutting his stuff to make it look as though hes still the man but I see him doing what hes told too. Go girls!

Despite this I still feel they like him, especially lola who last night when i let them out, ran around the room with him for an hour. I think she enjoyed having someone who had lots of energy like her to keep her company while she was running around and getting into things.
That sounds like everything is going well, which is great!

My four girls and their hopefully new husboar are living in a massive 5x3 atm with a divider as the initial meeting did not go too well.

I think there is some improvement as there is no teeth chattering by the bars and no signs of aggression. He does his little rumble strutt but they mainly ignore him

That sounds like everything is going well, which is great!

My four girls and their hopefully new husboar are living in a massive 5x3 atm with a divider as the initial meeting did not go too well.

I think there is some improvement as there is no teeth chattering by the bars and no signs of aggression. He does his little rumble strutt but they mainly ignore him
Fingers crossed for you, you really want it to work aye. Its nice for them to have a few friends and a husboar. Let us know how it goes.

my husboar Oakley , was with 27 wifeletts, he was pushed outside 1st by the head 4 wifeletts to make sure it was safe, then they would push him out theway to get the best treats, he would get put in his place if he rumbled to close with a quick spray of pee. Even more fun and games when young Hermies joint the herd. He was put in his place very quickly, to the point of hiding behind Oakley,,since Oakley died at the weekend, hes looking a bit lost, as hes trying to cope with all his wifeletts, and no backup mate.

my husboar Oakley , was with 27 wifeletts, he was pushed outside 1st by the head 4 wifeletts to make sure it was safe, then they would push him out theway to get the best treats, he would get put in his place if he rumbled to close with a quick spray of pee. Even more fun and games when young Hermies joint the herd. He was put in his place very quickly, to the point of hiding behind Oakley,,since Oakley died at the weekend, hes looking a bit lost, as hes trying to cope with all his wifeletts, and no backup mate.
I am sorry about your loss :( but it sounds like he has a lot on his hands. I found that the first interaction was a lot for them all and it’s probably a mixture of hormones, dominance which is why we decided to place the divider so they get use to each other.

It has been much better after that so hopefully when we try to re-bond it won’t be so hectic. We noticed that when we took all their hideys and just had hay they were completely fine so we originally thought we should put them back in but obviously not.

[/QUOTE
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Oakley.
I found it interesting that the two husboars were working together, although they did have a lot of wifeletts so I guess there was no competition? Did it always go well to have two males with the group? Can you tell me more about this situation? I didn't think it was possible to have two boars together? I imagine you have a large set up then?

Back