• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Increase Sunlight Into Hutch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

petslave

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, apologies for the odd question.

I have 2 large hutches that I have added plywood and insulation to all sides off, including parts of the front to make them cosy. They have 24 /7 access to their secure, attached run. I would like to improve the light into the hutches, so would like to replace some of the plywood into the front with some sort of see-through material. Any ideas?

Hmm... You could possibly use glass, like plexiglass or something else.
Sorry, I don't really know of that many see-through metals! :)

As above, perspex or polycarbonate. I would make it as a removable cover for the wire (assuming the hutch has a mesh front) so it can be taken off in summer.

Thank you, will have a look in Homebase. Great to have a named product that I can ask for.

Hadn't thought about making it a removable cover - that's a brilliant idea! The wire mesh is still in place across the front panels. Will let me reduce tempature when the warmer weather comes in.

My hutches have a layer of insulation across the top, back, sides and bottom, and a tarp over the top. One of my hutches had a layer of plywood added to top, back, sides, roof, and floor, - I bought it new as it was £99 for a double level 5 foot by 2 hutch, but it was flimsy, and the poor pets would have had hypothermia on a cool summers night.

My best purchase ever has been a heavy duty staple gun - goes through plywood, as well as everything else. Makes all my hutch work super easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back