• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Indoor And Outdoor Guinea Pigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patchwork Staccato

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I have had my guinea pigs for a year now, and they are outside guinea pigs. Yet I don't want them to be outside guinea pigs (but my brother don't want them indoors) So I cant have them indoors ;-; I have tried many ways to ask them to have them indoors, but its all ways a 'no'. As I cant even get them a shed to live in, so they are just living in a hutch outside :no: So I thought as I know they should be indoors, maybe if I show them that other people that they need to be indoors it may change there mind. The vets has told us but they didn't listen... So I'm hoping that this might change there mind. Also as I get up very early in the morning I don't have time to see them :no: But my family member changes there stuff, so when I'm back I try to spend as much time as possible (but you guys know British weather isn't nice) and it will always start raining :mal: So I'm hoping that this may change there mind.
I also hope I put this in the write thread x

So I have had my guinea pigs for a year now, and they are outside guinea pigs. Yet I don't want them to be outside guinea pigs (but my brother don't want them indoors) So I cant have them indoors ;-; I have tried many ways to ask them to have them indoors, but its all ways a 'no'. As I cant even get them a shed to live in, so they are just living in a hutch outside :no: So I thought as I know they should be indoors, maybe if I show them that other people that they need to be indoors it may change there mind. The vets has told us but they didn't listen... So I'm hoping that this might change there mind. Also as I get up very early in the morning I don't have time to see them :no: But my family member changes there stuff, so when I'm back I try to spend as much time as possible (but you guys know British weather isn't nice) and it will always start raining :mal: So I'm hoping that this may change there mind.
I also hope I put this in the write thread x
Do you live with your brother, or is a member of the family. How old is he. Do you have your own bedroom.

Do you live with your brother, or is a member of the family. How old is he. Do you have your own bedroom.
He is apart if NY family. I do have my own room but it is very small, I have said i will give up half of the room to have them in there but they don't want my pets in the house

I'm assuming that it's your parents decision at the end of the day. My piggies live outdoors. There are things you can do to keep them safe and healthy. I have a weatherproof layer and insulation on the hutch, it is also in an extremely sheltered spot. They have a couple of snugglesafes which are heated up regularly for them and I go through around 3 times as much hay in the winter months as I do in the summer.

Piggies can live outside quite happily just be sure to still pay them attention and keep their house nice and snug/secure. My piggy lives in my bedroom but I can see why your brother might oppose the idea as it can be a little stinky at times and hay usually litters my floor until the morning when I hoover it all up again-though Mo usually tosses more hay out straight away! Haha.

Thank you guys :3 I thought it was u healthy for them as in busy alot but I try to spend as much time with them in the weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back