• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Indoor house ideas

Lucyy82

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi I am new to owning guinea pigs and only got my two teddies last Saturday. Originally I thought I’d buy a big hutch for the garden and they would go out there, anyway as it stands I currently have them indoors in a large cage in my study during the night and they go out in a run in the day in the garden. I have now decided I’d rather them sleep indoors at night to interact with me more and just go out in the day. I want to build them a big indoor run that I can spend time with them in when they are indoors. Has anyone built a nice indoor run with plenty of space to play but easy for humans to interact with as well? Any pics or ideas would be great please x

Hello :)

I have a sort of a run/cage hybrid let me grab the ipad and take photo :)

Sorry they are a bit grainy. Luckily we have space so started off we a c&c which are great, but now just use the grids on Fleece. Underneath the fleece is towels then protective floor covering. Does mean hay gets on carpet, but I am a bit of a Monica Bing and hoover lots :))

so as you can see c&c grids are great for runs and if you cable tie them together can be folded away real easy too

Oh I love that idea! What does c&c stand for? (Sorry new to run building) and so much room to run about in and I could sit in with to get them used to me! Have you managed to potty train so they don’t pee all over the fleece?

It stands for cubes and coroplast. Coroplast is what a lot of people use for the bottom to keep wee escaping. I used to have a large square cage when mine were indoors and it was fab. Unfortunately I've never been able to potty train piggies as they are notoriously difficult but you could use cat litter trays or other containers for a hay area which will capture a good majority

Thankyou I will look at ordering some today online! I prob won’t be very lucky with poppy training either but will give it a try and see what happens. Sad but very excited to make them a fun home!

Just ordered a c&c cage to xome
Through! So excited to get it! Just one thing would you like floor with fleece? This is what I have just purchased.,.

Attachments

• DAFDBA12-9FEE-4B33-9100-895B4D8394DC.png
    DAFDBA12-9FEE-4B33-9100-895B4D8394DC.png
    120.7 KB · Views: 4
Back