• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Indoor/outdoor

Lucyy82

Junior Guinea Pig
Hi everyone
I have had my two piggies nearly two weeks now and I am super excited to get my new indoor c&c cage and make fleece liners. Anyway I have a colleague who just thinks this is odd, she says they should be outdoors and thought that when I said I hadn’t put them outside in their run first thing as it was cold she said they are meant to be outdoor animals. Why can’t I have them indoors at night and when it’s cold, not only can I interact with them more they are safe too

HeatherRose

Teenage Guinea Pig
Mine are indoors all the time and just go out to munch on some grass when it’s nice outside and they are supervised the whole time. I have a c & c cage and make fleece liners as well. Some people just don’t understand the love of piggies!

Swissgreys

Forum Buddy
Guinea pig ownership is a bit of a minefield really.
We have people who are blown away by the fact that half of our living room is devoted to fleece lined C&C cages, and people who are horrified.
At the end of the day you need to do what feels right for you and your own piggies.

Betsy

Forum Donator 2017/18
There is no right or wrong where you keep piggies. It really comes down to whether you have space in the house or garden and where you want to keep them. Mine are outside piggies as this is my choice. If you want to keep your piggies inside then that is your choice.

Lucyy82

Junior Guinea Pig
thats How I feel, they are such lovely girls and I want to see them hopping about and playing. Mine have their room So not in lounge but I sit with them till about 9pm each night then I usually go to bed, but sad tho as I have guinea cam! An old baby monitor so I can watch them!