Injections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary

Reaction score
I am really pleased with myself as I have just given my rabbits an injection for the first time! They have rabbit syphilis and I had to give them an injection of penacilline. As I am a recepionist at a vets they have already seem my rabbits and have tought me how to inject. At least I will be able to give my guinea pigs ivomec in the form of an injection now!

Mary

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
Well done! :)

I hate the squealing from the pigs so any injection is out the window as I feel soooo guilty! :)

C

cavykind

Mary said:
At least I will be able to give my guinea pigs ivomec in the form of an injection now!

Mary
Ivomec can be given just as effectively by mouth or topically on their skin Mary, there is no need to put your guinea pigs through the stress of an injection :o
Vets used to inject it, but I don't think many do now, I wouldn't allow them to inject mine with Ivomec.
Barbara

F

Fiszi

I know this is a bit irrelivant to the subject but I spent about 3 years at college studying animals. When it can to the part about giving injections and taking blood I decided rather than hurting the animals, to get in some practise I used my own arm. It worked very well ;D took more blood than the nurses normally can from my own arm.

Mary

Reaction score
cavykind said:
Mary said:
At least I will be able to give my guinea pigs ivomec in the form of an injection now!

Mary
Ivomec can be given just as effectively by mouth or topically on their skin Mary, there is no need to put your guinea pigs through the stress of an injection :o
Vets used to inject it, but I don't think many do now, I wouldn't allow them to inject mine with Ivomec.
Barbara

Thanks for that, can I jus put a drop on their ears or is it best in their mouth

michellemuffin

Reaction score
I always put Ivomec on the back of the neck where there is a bald spot ( next to the ear) only problem is it stains my white rex blue

Status
Not open for further replies.