• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Inpaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beautifulmess

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
What side affects do pigs get from it? I notice if Africa isn't cleaned out weekly (he isn't that inpacted) he gets very down and hardly eats. Once he's been cleaned out he is munching and looks much brighter. Is there a connection? His weight isn't the best still 830ish grams. I can't get 120gs into him a day, he just gets too full and I had forcing it down him >.<

He eats all the fresh food I give him, plus the hay and the extra treats I bought from Pets@Home (special hay).

From past experience i found that yes they were dam uncomfortable and naturally off their food :(
Maybe it would be worth cleaning out a couple of times a week instead.
Good luck with the little man xx>>>xx>>>xx>>>xx>>>

I've decided to do it daily for a while (less work and smell too) he hates it, I hate it too haha but it's gotten so much better he doesn't actually smell anymore.

There is also a real danger that if he isn't cleaned out regularly that the mess and the flesh around it is getting infected.

i had a guinea in who wasnt done he ended up with a massive abscess inside him..

if he is a bit of his food and still not gainning weight well, he may need his teeth doing again and very often in guineas at first they need their teeth doing each week x

Really? He eats everything I give him but his weight topped at 880g and then next day was 840 and then he's been sitting at 830g for the past couple of days. I can't seem to keep him up.

Hi Beautiful!

Hope you understand but I'm reserving comment until I have more info

How old is he?
Is he neutered? If so when?

What are his symptoms of impaction? (ie how do his poos look when you express them?)

x

he's about 3 1/2 (I got him from pets at home and he turned 2 1/2 in October 2009 so I'm rough guessing 3 1/2 years old)

No, not neutered.
Ermm he smells a bit sometimes, it's less then it used to be, it comes out in blocks when I clean him out, wet/slimey. He forms normal poops normally, long, slightly curlved poops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back