Interim fix

Bucks

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello - a very helpful member on this forum made me aware that 8x8 grids aren’t safe. We’d got our setup from Kavee cages and I’d wrongly assumed the gaps were sufficient as it said so on their website. I’ve submitted a query about why they’re selling these and have also ordered some 9x9 grids. It doesn’t look like these will arrive until next week.

In the meantime we’ve put cardboard around the edges that aren’t next to a wall. I’ve put some pee pads and soft tunnels/plastic box on the roof areas of the cage. We haven’t got enough to go round the whole cage at the moment and there is a small gap between the wall and the cage. Do the attached pics look reasonably safe until the new bits arrive next week?

Attachments

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
That should hopefully do the trick. Also make sure there’s nothing they can climb on to jump out!

As an aside, that’s a lot of pellets. they’re the junk food of the piggy world and should be kept to a tablespoon each per day.

LauraS1984

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have only just joined and I’m so happy to see your post. I was looking at kavee cages today and thought the same thing about the 8x8 grid but thought I must have misunderstood. I’ll avoid buying from them now I’ve seen this. Thanks x

Bucks

New Born Pup
Reaction score
That should hopefully do the trick. Also make sure there’s nothing they can climb on to jump out!

As an aside, that’s a lot of pellets. they’re the junk food of the piggy world and should be kept to a tablespoon each per day.
Thank you - so much to learn! Followed the instructions on the pack so clearly taken it by the marketing again! We’ve fitted part of the top with a roof given their new found climbing skills...will look again once we’ve changed the grids/made it bigger.

Bucks

New Born Pup
Reaction score