• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Internal bleeding

Bubble1985

New Born Pup
Reaction score
unfortunately tonight there was a terrible accident with our piggy Which resulted in a fall.
we have obviously been to the out of hours vet and she has had a scan, she has some sort of fluid building up and some internal bleeding. The vet said it’s too early to tell how bad things are and thatwe should know by morning , she has been given strong painkillers and anti inflammatory I think. She said thatshe’s hopeful it could stop on it’s own. Is there anything else I could do to improve her chances?
sorry for the long first post
Thanks in ad ance for any any advice

I’ve no idea but wanted to offer support. Did the vet say what (if anything) they could do to stem the bleed? Will you be taking him to be seen later today? I would email your usual vet and try to get your piggy seen tomorrow, if that’s not where you took him tonight.
@Wiebke @VickiA @PigglePuggle @Piggies&buns

I’ve no idea but wanted to offer support. Did the vet say what (if anything) they could do to stem the bleed? Will you be taking him to be seen later today? I would email your usual vet and try to get your piggy seen tomorrow, if that’s not where you took him tonight.
@Wiebke @VickiA @PigglePuggle @Piggies&buns
Thank you . When we first called they just told me to keep an eye on her and see how she went but I wanted her checking over As I knew she wasn’t right even though it was £140 before we even saw a vet! It wasn’t my usual vet as it was out of hours. The vet we saw wanted to just give her painkillers and send her home , they said if she needed treatment (surgery I’m guessing ) that would be around 800 and to scan her it would be another 120. I opted to have her scanned as if it was bad then at least we could make a decision for her not to suffer. When they scanned her she said there was internal bleeding but not a huge amount and to see if it stops ? She’s back in the morning and I will phone my normal vet for advice.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. Hopefully your usual will see piggy today.

Thinking of you, healing wheeks for your piggy 💕 hope the vets goes OK xx

Waiting to hear when the vet can fit her in to be checked over. Her tummy definitely looks smaller today , she’s moving round and I’m feeling quietly more positive.
she broke her teeth in the fall , as anyone got any suggestions of soft foods ? She’s got a little bit of melon grape orange and hay at the moment.

Waiting to hear when the vet can fit her in to be checked over. Her tummy definitely looks smaller today , she’s moving round and I’m feeling quietly more positive.
she broke her teeth in the fall , as anyone got any suggestions of soft foods ? She’s got a little bit of melon grape orange and hay at the moment.

Was it just her front teeth that have broken?
Is she eating hay for herself? If so, then that is the best thing for her. Keep her with plenty of hay available at all times if she can pick it up for herself, it will keep her back teeth wearing down.
Give her veg you can cut into strips or grass - peppers, cucumber or herbs etc. Don’t overfeed fruit, they should only have one small piece of fruit once per week.

Was it just her front teeth that have broken?
Is she eating hay for herself? If so, then that is the best thing for her. Keep her with plenty of hay available at all times if she can pick it up for herself, it will keep her back teeth wearing down.
Give her veg you can cut into strips or grass - peppers, cucumber or herbs etc. Don’t overfeed fruit, they should only have one small piece of fruit once per week.
As a rule she dosnt eat too much fruit but I needed something soft last night and I’d have given her anything to tempt her. Its just her front teeth that are broken and she seems to be picking the hay up herself and is now nibbling at her cucumber.

As a rule she dosnt eat too much fruit but I needed something soft last night and I’d have given her anything to tempt her. Its just her front teeth that are broken and she seems to be picking the hay up herself and is now nibbling at her cucumber.

I understand. That’s great that she is eating hay as it is the best thing for her, otherwise, cut veg into strips. Ensure you weigh her daily to make sure she is eating enough

Well things are looking ok. Vet said tummy’s gone down and couldn’t feel anything of concern which should indicate that the bleeding has stopped. There’s no blood in her wee anymore and she’s pooping. She’s still active. I said I was concerned that she’s not eating nowhere near enough and should I syringe feed so he gave me some stuff , however since being home I’ve soaked her some nuggets and she’s eaten them all 😊

Back