Introducing A New Piggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindylouise

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi. We have put our new female in with our existing female. They are about 6 weeks different in age. We followed the instructions as on the sticky thread. To be honest, I'm scared to go to bed as I'm not sure that what they are doing is ok. Flash is the older one and will not leave Blaze alone. They are both very vocal and Flash is making Blaze squeal when she chases her. How long is this likely to go on for? I realise that Flash is showing her dominance but she won't let Blaze rest. Here is a video.

Attachments

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. We have put our new female in with our existing female. They are about 6 weeks different in age. We followed the instructions as on the sticky thread. To be honest, I'm scared to go to bed as I'm not sure that what they are doing is ok. Flash is the older one and will not leave Blaze alone. They are both very vocal and Flash is making Blaze squeal when she chases her. How long is this likely to go on for? I realise that Flash is showing her dominance but she won't let Blaze rest. Here is a video.
The squealing is submission. If the chasing is non-stop, please separate them again for the night and restart tomorrow; thankfully, you can do that with sows. Things will hopefully a bit calmer by tomorrow. Some piggies, especially youngsters, can go overboard if things get a bit stressful and there is too much new stuff to take in. They are also very vocal and can be rather dramatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.