• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Introducing Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
So yesterday we lost little Bandit, which left Bumble on his own. Initially it was my plan to leave Bumble on his own if he was OK until he could be neutered and go with the girls, but the thought of leaving him alone as a baby just didn't settle with me. I hadn't made my mind up when I went to my local Pets At Home for a pair of baby gerbils to introduce to my lonely female gerbil. I ended up coming home with Brian, the only pig left in the store. I initially was told he was female but I checked him myself before I left with him and he is male, which fits in perfectly with trying to find Bumble a friend.

Brian is supposedly at least 8 weeks old, but he's half the size of Bumble and weighs in at 257g so he's either had a rubbish start or he is nowhere near the age I was given (don't expect any different from PAH). He's the picture of health otherwise apart from an eye infection in one eye which i've rang the vets about and they've put him on eye drops (something beginning with F). I have to admit he was a complete impulse buy, but he'll want for nothing with me (as you all already know from my past pigs). The plan is if he doesn't stay with bumble that he will be neutered when old enough along with Bumble and intergrated into one of my female groups.

So, enough chatting, he's the little man who stole my heart!

1545181_10155588959265363_8371657666381118548_n.jpg
11390272_10155588957365363_5100563600950247587_n.jpg

Please do not put him with your current piggies until he is 100%.

Quarantine is essential with a new pig especially one already showing signs of illness.

Did they do any tests at the vet re the eye infection?

Hi Flinstone. I'm aware of quarantine procedure, thankyou. No, he hasn't seen the vet yet. They have started him on the eye drops for 5 days which I have collected and if there is no improvement then I'm to bring him in. He only has a slight amount of discharge from the eye so I'm confident the antibiotic eye drop will get to the bottom of it.

My only concern is due to another thread. Which does not name the major store but apparently the guinea pig's tested positive for Chlamydia. One of the symptoms can be an eye infection.

Of course it could be a simple eye infection but you can never be to careful.

I'll have a look for the other Thread.

The forum won't let me type fabulous the way I wanted ... it's changed it. It was funny the way I did it. Now it just looks like I'm insane. Soz x

Thanks flintstone I'm aware of the other thread so I know to keep my eye out (no pun intended). I trust my vet and myself. Thanks for your concern, if anything changes I assure you I will be first to the vet.

I can see why you fell in love he's lovely. I too walked into a pet store and fell in love with Spike (my avatar). I bought two guineas, I couldn't separate Spike and Peanut his cage mate.
I hope Brian's eye clears up quickly. Spike had a skin condition due to mites and the pet store where I got him wouldn't let me bring the guineas home until they had finished a course of treatment from their vets (3 weeks), they also said if there were any health problems within the next month to let them know and they would arrange vet treatment, so different from Vets at Home!

Congratulations Ruth! He is lovely, landed on his paws coming to such a loving fantastic home

Thankyou Lee :) I'm a sucker for these waifs and strays!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back