• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Introducing Donny & Mason Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilly

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My 2 new boys that I brought home from the Queensland Guinea Pig Refuge last Saturday.

Here's Donny, a sheltie, with overgrown hair and nails before his spa treatment. Here he weighs 1.54kg.

Here's Mason, a rex/texel cross, also with overgrown nails, before his spa treatment. Here he weighs 1.52kg.

Hello boys, you are about to enter a life of being pampered :love:

Congrats Lilly they are beautiful!

So adorable, and congratulations on your new piggies! They will have a wonderful home. :)

Handsome fellas not good news about their nails though glad to hear you have sorted them out :)
When I first saw them beginning of October they did not have overgrown nails & Donny's hair was not so long & unkempt. Because I could not take them until mid November, and felt it was impracical for the refuge to reserve them that long, I paid the refuge about 50 pounds for their adoption fee & upkeep & advised them to contact me if more was needed. So, it was really disappointing to find them in that condition when I picked them up. I had to cut 2 hair mats from Donny's back end that very day. I know refuges struggle & they probably concentrated on piggies who did not have homes to go to, but still. Anyway, they'll never be in that condition again!.

When I first saw them beginning of October they did not have overgrown nails & Donny's hair was not so long & unkempt. Because I could not take them until mid November, and felt it was impracical for the refuge to reserve them that long, I paid the refuge about 50 pounds for their adoption fee & upkeep & advised them to contact me if more was needed. So, it was really disappointing to find them in that condition when I picked them up. I had to cut 2 hair mats from Donny's back end that very day. I know refuges struggle & they probably concentrated on piggies who did not have homes to go to, but still. Anyway, they'll never be in that condition again!.
That is not good at all I can see why you were disappointed Lilly, I could tell from the first photos that you were unhappy with their condition :( it was lovely to see the second update where you had pampered them I bet they felt heaps better afterwards, your a great piggy mum :) I look forward to seeing your Donny and Mason updates.
Kell.

Gosh Mason looks big, your a good piggie mum, well done for re homing them and caring so much :hug::D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back