• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Introducing my girls - Thank you Joanne and Milhaven! (Pic Heavy!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostbusterbunny

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I just want to say a massive thank you to Joanne and Milhaven Rescue. I adopted two GORGEOUS ladies this afternoon and we are absolutely smitten with them! I was originally going to wait until tomorrow to introduce them to the girls, but I was sat out with them and they were squeaking, they set the rest of the girls off so we had a bit of a party in the kitchen! It's as if these girls (aside from Teaser, but I hope time brings her round to the idea of having 6 best friends) have known each other forever!

Elizabeth (who will be known as Izzy as my sister is called Elizabeth/Lizzy) and Willow are amazing girls. I'd spent the last year thinking my two Abbys were big pigs, but they are pretty much dwarfed by Willow, she is a massive girl! So, here they are:

SANY2597.jpg

This was their first meeting in the kitchen, the two babies were roaming round as babies do, but in the corner we had a pile of piggies (Willows face just peeping out is brill!):

SANY2559.jpg

Annd, some of all the girls in the hutch.

SANY2572.jpg

SANY2589.jpg

SANY2588.jpg

Joanne, I see what you mean with Elizabeth, she's very timid. She wasn't impressed with Teaser AT ALL. So, I decided that although I was going to wait until Muffin was a bit bigger, it would be an idea for her to meet the babies. Safe to say she was far more comfortable with two little babies around and it even motivated her to join on with a piggie train we had going round the kitchen! Willow has decided she likes to sit and watch everyone else spending their energy running round, bless her! They're both wonderful little piggies, and I hope that they both have the home they deserve here!

Awwwww, lovely piggies x)

The name Willow seems to be very popular :)) I have a piggy named Willow, and know a few other people here that do to :))

Congratulations on your new arrivals and thank you for choosing rescue piggies!

I typed a really long reply to your aggressive sow post and then lost it so I'll try again another time.

Awww, so glad that the girls are settling in, I'm missing them already! I'm so happy that they have a lovely new home though and I'm sure they will bring you lots of fun times. :)) Thank you for adopting these lovely ladies and giving them a second chance. x>>

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww x)x)x)
I LOVE that one with the piggie pile up in the kitchen and Willow's face peeking out :))xoxo
Just adorable all of them xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Well done for giving them their forever home xx>>>xx>>>

AWWW - I love your suqash up! You know that they have been accepted then, don't you? Izzy and Willow are both gorgeous!

Adorable piggies, good they are settling in so well.

Awwwww congratulations on your new arrivals what a beautiful herd of piggies you have x) cant wait for more pigtures :))

i'm fostering two boars from camp nibble who have taken them to help out milhaven. they look abit like the one with the crazy hair do :) wonder if they're litter mates x

i'm fostering two boars from camp nibble who have taken them to help out milhaven. they look abit like the one with the crazy hair do :) wonder if they're litter mates x

No, they are not related but do have similar style hair. :)

Heehee thanks for all the comments, they really are fantastic girls, all 7 of my babies. I'd love to be able to adopt another pair of girls and a boy for this herd (definitely a neutered boy, at least!) once we've figured out exactly how to build a run on the side (logistics of building a big, fully enclosed play area which will be damn heavy to move is proving... interesting!).

Willow is a massive hit with my parents, she's so big and unusual! Absolutely no idea what she is, she looks like she's split into thirds, short haired at the front, peruvian with a splash of Abby maybe in the middle and sheltie/silkie on her bum! She's so odd but we LOVE her. Izzy is a complete sweetheart too! Despite being very shy, she's proved that she's no pushover, she definitely won't take any of the others trying to take advantage of her! She's going to take more time than Willow getting used to us, but lots of cuddles and maybe some bribery with food and I'm sure she'll get used to me very soon! They've both settled in brilliantly. I effectively put three pairs together yesterday and when I went to look at them this morning, it was as if they've never been apart. Open up the bedding box to see six chilled out piggles and they've just been doing what guinea pigs do all day!

At the weekend, they'll be getting out on the grass! It'll be the first time in the garden for Willow, Izzy, Butterscotch and Muffin, so I'll have my camera at the ready to catch their adventures! :D

x) They are lovely, they look like they've really settled in with your gang

First day out as a herd!

I let my herd out today for playtime in the sun! It was the first time that Willow, Izzy, Butterscotch and Muffin got to play on the lawn! Here's some pics (there are quite a few!)

Blockage in Aisle 1
Blockage.jpg

Blockage in Aisle 2
BlockageinAisleTwo.jpg

"Do you think she's watching us?"
Doyouthinksheswatching.jpg

"Do you mind, I'm eating!"
Omnomnom.jpg

Chillin'
Chillin.jpg

Yes, I know I'm a priddy little baby!
Posin.jpg