• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Introducing myself, the pigs, and a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiggly

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi

I recently took possession of 3 male GPs from a friend of a friend who was downsizing and could no longer have the space to keep them. I have had GPs most of my life, and was considering getting some more, so said yes. I have never had 3 boys together though.

They are Bangers, Mash and Beans. Bangers and Mash are about a year old and Beans is apparently 7 months.

At the moment they are being somewhat pampered by the cold weather by taking over my living room, but normally they would live in the conservatory or the shed. I have a 2-level cage coming at the weekend, and at the moment they are in a flat floor cage, but i dont think they have ever been in an outdoor run, which they will do as soon as i get around to building one.

Last night they were running around the conservatory floor, and Beans was clearly trying to get it on with one or other of the older two. They kept running away but he kept at it. Is this normal for a 7 month old boy kept with other boys? He is normally very shy and hides away all the time, and i used to worry that he was getting cold as he was always alone without another pig to snuggle with, but now i suspect it is because he is a randy little s*d!

Bangers and mash
155461_463145895918_500115918_6123898_2657610_n.jpg

Beans
155461_463145900918_500115918_6123899_1097931_n.jpg

Aww, gorgeous boys x).
It can be tricky keeping a trio of bays happy, but considering the age difference it may well work.
Now correct me anyone if I'm wrong, but I think at 7 months you're little one will be at his most hormonal stage. This is probably why he's demonstrating this behaviour.

Good luck with the boys!
Oh and welcome to the forum :)p:))

Hi and welcome :)
I have a trio of males and two of them are brothers and are 2 1/2 years and the other is around 7 months also. Its just their hormones. My 7 month old is exactly the same - he tries to mount the other two, rumbles a lot etc. Hes just trying to act dominant.

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Your boys are gorgeous x)x)

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Your youngest is right in the middle of when the big hormones hit! As long as there are not bloody fights, you will be OK!

Here is more about boar behaviour: http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=28949

I am looking forward to pictures of your trio and hope that they will love their new cage (which may spark some more dominance behaviour - new territory!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back