• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Introducing New Piggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stayc1989

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm going to be introducing baby honey to my 3 girls in the next few weeks and was just wondering what's the best way to do it? I have introduced piggies before and all were successful but now because I have 3 girls to 1 new girl and she's tiny, is it best to introduce all at once or one at a time over the corse of the day? I don't want them all ganging up on her as they are really big piggies and with her being so small don't want her to get hurt. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm going to be introducing baby honey to my 3 girls in the next few weeks and was just wondering what's the best way to do it? I have introduced piggies before and all were successful but now because I have 3 girls to 1 new girl and she's tiny, is it best to introduce all at once or one at a time over the corse of the day? I don't want them all ganging up on her as they are really big piggies and with her being so small don't want her to get hurt. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi! You may find this guide here very helpful - one of the bonding scenarios discussed in the guide deals with introducing a young guinea pig to a bonded group: Illustrated Bonding / Dominance Behaviours And Dynamics

Thank you :) I'm really worried with honey being so small so thought I'd try and find out as much as I can well in advance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back