1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introducing The Newest Member "pride"

Discussion in 'Your Photos and Videos' started by PiggieHerd, Mar 17, 2017.

1. PiggieHerd

PiggieHerd Junior Guinea Pig

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to introduce our newest member of the herd name "Pride". I adopted her two weeks ago. She was quarantined for two weeks and saw an exotic vet and was given the green light. Yesterday I did introductions and the herd didn't put up a fuss about accepting the newest member.

This video is also my St. Patrick's theme cage.

2. Critter

Critter Moderator
    Staff Member

Awwww that's a delightful video :). Pride is a very lucky pig. Nice big herd and such a wonderful pen for them. I remember thinking how lucky your pigs are with the last video you posted. I do envy your set-up!
    I smiled to myself through that - not just because it's a lovely vid, but also because every time I thought I had seen each individual at least once another one appeared!

On a side note here's something I have wondered before: With a large herd how is the pecking order sorted? I imagine there's not such a strict order, perhaps the top one and a few at the bottom, and everyone inbetween are simply inbetween with no strict hierarchy? What are our observations?

sport_billy, Tim and PiggieHerd like this.
  3. Redribbon

Redribbon Junior Guinea Pig

Oh they're all lovely! I especially like your long haired girl getting static shocked hair!

Dorothy&Coco and Critter like this.
  4. Dorothy&Coco

Forum Donator 2016/17

Oh wow! I just watched the video with my 5 year old and he said all the piggies are cute. I loved them popping out from the curtains. What a lovely set up.

Did you buy the double decker tunnels or make them? And are those microfibre cloths or something else?

5. Flutterby

Forum Donator 2016/17

Gorgeous! Congrats!

6. Kylie80

Kylie80 Adult Guinea Pig

Awesome video and gorgeous piggies.

7. PiggieHerd

For a long time I had one that was the definite herd leader who passed away last year and for the longest time I was wondering who was the new herd leader of the group until recently when I introduce "Pride". There was only one piggie who challenged the newcomer which was "Lady" the Self Black. Those two were posturing each other. I think "Lady" is the herd leader and then probably in second is Pride. In terms with the rest of piggies I don't think they really care. I speculate that having a large habitat there isn't a need (I can be mistaken, correct me if I am wrong) to be a herd leader because everyone has their own space. When it comes to veggie time they eat in a big circle together. No one is pushed out during meal time.

Lol...I live in a dry climate and didn't have the humidifier on during cage cleaning, I turned back on after the video and within an hour the static electricity goes away.

Thank you. I made them myself. They are just bent grid squares and made the covers out of fleece.

Thank you

sport_billy and Flutterby like this.
  8. PiggieHerd

Thank you

9. flowerfairy

flowerfairy Adult Guinea Pig

What an utterly brilliant set up for them. I love your white (electric haired) guinea pig with the orange cheeks. It must be brilliant having a herd. ...

10. Tiamolly123

Forum Donator 2016/17

11. PiggieHerd

Lol....I should of called her Static instead of Coconut. Thank you for the compliment

Glad you enjoyed it

12. sport_billy

sport_billy Administrator
    Staff Member

Great Video and welcome to Pride! I just love your set up, really enjoyed your thoughts on herd hierarchy as well. Hope to see lots more videos of your piggies

PiggieHerd likes this.
  13. CraftyCavies

CraftyCavies Junior Guinea Pig

All those piggies! :yahoo: You are so lucky! Congrats on Pride, she is adorable! Your piggies look so happy in their lovely cage. :nod: